I'm in essay mode, papers are due next Monday, so I will be pretty brief here.
I also promised I wouldn't start the new Harry Potter book / play until I'd finished my assignments completely. Like that worked... I'm 100 pages in .
Ah well. Anyway, questions, as per normal, are from Sunday Stealing.
1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
One very large, very deep bath. I love a good bath - and I only have a shower in this flat.
2. What is your dream car?
I'd love a Mercedes sports car, but that is very unlikely - however, if I can't have that, I've been looking at the Hyundai Veloster. We had one for a hire care a few months ago and as I'm starting to think about replacing my car, this could be an option. But not in orange.
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog.
www.bom.gov.au - I love knowing what the weather is doing.
4. iPhone or Droid, which do you want/have?
I've currently got an iPhone 6. Love it.
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Read, go for a walk or see a movie.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
I rather liked the new Ghostbusters film. I adore gory medical programs like Embarrassing Bodies and RPA. Love them.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Writer or doctor. I'm a writer.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
Other than maybe Masterchef, no. Absolutely not.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up? (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
My French teacher was a great person at high school. She helped me get through the rot that was high school.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
Cocaine. Just once to try. That is all. I don't want to try it really, but it does sound sort of fun. Just once.
11. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was a software tester living in this flat and doing a bit too much internet dating.
12. By this time next year, I ...
Would like to be 20 kilograms lighter and a lot fitter. I'm fit now but I like being fitter than I am now - doing more cardio and it's great.
13. What is something that you need to do but you've procrastinated on?
See above. And I really need to do my hard floors - they're getting grotty.
14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Mason Capwell - Santa Barbara. Tony di Nozzo. I used to have a thing for Grissom too. Rediscovered Mason Capwell a few weeks ago. Still wonderful.
15. What is your greatest pet peeve?
People who are rude to waiting/serving/ retail staff. Big bugbear.
16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
I drove back to Adelaide for my niece's funeral (and Christmas). It was better than I thought. 2000 kms done in a week.
17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I use the both about the same - and frequently.
18. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
19. What are you dreading at the moment?
The knowledge that I'm on my own with my trainer tomorrow night as Jay has some course to go to. Cleo is MEAN when we're on our own. Jackknives and the Nutbush here we come.
20. Do you have a meme you think we should steal? (Yes, an old trick. But c'mon now. I gotta give it a shot. It's a lot harder to find memes now. But it's ok to answer "You're lazy" an all it a day.)