It has been a great weekend, and I've left this a little late. Ah well.
Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.
1. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual.
Probably read a book between chatting. Depends on what's in the room.
2. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be?
Spanish. I speak passable French, but I'd love to spend more time in Spain.
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
James Joyce's Ulysses. It could take me the rest of my life to decipher it.
4. Favorite song lyric?
I've been wondering why Scaramouche has to do the Fandango for a number of decades.
5. Favorite album?
The Pixies, Surfer Rosa.
Favourite Australian Album: Hoodoo Gurus, Stoneage Romeos.
6. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise?
I'm normally at my best mid morning.
7. Favorite city that you’ve visited?
Do I just have to name one? I love Paris.
8. Favorite city that you haven’t visited?
I'd love to visit San Francisco one day. Top of the list.
9. If you could donate $10,000 to charity, what charity would you pick?
A children's leukaemia one - probably the Leukaemia Foundation. They've done so much for my family this year.
10. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read?
Louis de Berniere's "Captain Corelli's Mandolin". For non Fiction, Dr Spencer Johnson's "Who Moved My Cheese." Both books changed my life.
11. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch?
Garden State - still love it.
12. What do you think people assume about you from first glance?
I eat too much. That or I come from Melbourne because I wear a lot of black.
13. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?
Piano. I wish I could play the piano.
14. What is your favorite item of clothing?
My navy blue trench coat.
15. Who was your first follower on your blog? Do they still follow you?
An old uni friend named Kath. I think she still reads me now an then.
16. If you could create one thing, what would it be?
A cure for leukaemia that is fail safe and painless.
17. Favorite superhero?
18. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you title it?
I'm writing my memoir for uni at the moment. I'm tossing up "In Plain Sight" or "Don't try this at home..."
19. If you were to have a band, what would you call it?
Medulla Oblongta - hard rock band.
20. What is your favorite card/board game?
I'm a dab hand at Trivial Pursuit, but I rather like Operation and Monopoly.
21. What was the first IM service you used? Who was the first person you talked to on it?
Probably the hotmail messenger, but no idea who that might have been.
22. If you could give a friendly hug to any one person, who would it be? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
My sister needs one at the moment.
23. Have you ever won any sort of contests? What kind?
I've won a couple of writing competitions for my short stories. Those 25 words or fewer contests I don't do too badly.
24. Who was the last person you hugged? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
One of the masons at the Freemason's convention today. Not sure which one - they hug a lot.
25. If you could be skilled in any one activity, what would it be?
I'd love to be able to crochet more than granny rugs.