Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Carry a Tune Meme

Still between jobs because of a paperwork delay, I'm enjoying this time off - started a new project which makes me happy. Life is good.

Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.


Do you own a tablet of any kind? 

Yes. I've got an iPad. I don't use it much but it's great for travelling.

What’s something people always assume about you that isn’t true? 

I have a few people who assume I'm tidy. That one always cracks me up.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do elevators scare you? 

About a 2. I remember not liking going up to my office on the 42nd floor the day after September 11. Other than that, they're fine, Escalators, however, are another matter.

When you’re upset, do you vent to people or do you keep to yourself? 

Mostly I keep it to myself. In trivial matters I'll take it to other people

Have you ever watched a meteor shower? 

Yes, but not for many, many years.

Do you tend to put things off until the last minute? 

Depends what it is. When it comes to school work, I like to keep on top of things.

How do you react to random strangers suddenly trying to make conversation with you? 

Depends what they look and smell like. If they're friendly enough, I'll engage. Weirdos I tend to look away and ignore.

Do you have a lucky number? 

No, though 19 and 64 are good numbers.

Would you go out to dinner with Oprah? 

Why not, could be fun.

Did you ever play sports? 

No, I wasn't allowed to. "Weak legs" - and lots of operations and stuff on my legs as a kid. Put me off sports. But now I like gym and yoga.

Do you feel guilty if you throw food away? 

Always. Hate throwing out food.

Do you think you could make it as a baker? 

No. They have to get up too early.

Are you one of those people who are wearing scarves with everything? 

No. I will only wear a scarf occasionally.

Have you ever been in a castle? 

Yes. I travelled Scotland and England a few years ago. That was a great holiday.

When you were little, did you ever play with Playdoh? 

All the time. Even better, my mum made it for me - non of the toxic crap they have now.

Would you rather write a mystery or love story? 

A love story. Mysteries are too hard to plot.

Tell me about your worst fashion mistake: 

Far too many to count.Silk shirts in the nineties were one of the big mistakes.

Do you hate it when people smoke around you? 

Yes. I'm a reformed smoker. Really don't like having smoke blown around me.

How are you wearing your hair right now?

I'm just out of the shower so it's still well and hang around my face after being combed. My hair is just past my shoulders.

When’s the last time you were sick? 

I picked up a stomach bug coming out of Bali. All good now, but that was last week.

Would you rather have OJ or milk with your breakfast?

Skimmed milk. As a rule I don't drink orange juice unless I know it's freshly squeezed.

What were you doing thirty minutes ago? 

In the shower and cleaning the bathroom.

Do you own any school related clothing articles? 

No. I left school thirty years ago.

Would you rather call people or have them call you? 

I'd rather them call me. Typical introvert.

Can you carry a tune? 

To a point. I don't have a great voice but I can get a tune out when required.

Who was the last person who unexpectedly texted you? 

An old work mate a few weeks ago. Text is how I communicate with many friends.

Who do you text the most? 

My friends Blarney and Jonella.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I've reached a point where it's kind of "ho hum, another castle." YOu seen half a dozen, you've seen them all!

CountryDew said...

Scotland and England are on my bucket list. Doubt I ever get there but it's a nice dream.

Kwizgiver said...

I forgot about the silk shirts of the 90s. And I am the same about escalators.