Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Wish List Meme Part One

Hmm, this might be fun.

The questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing.

1.) What are 3 things on your Wish list and why?  

I wish I owned a flat with a courtyard and a  large bath tub so I can have a bath anytime I want.
I wish I could pack up and go walk the Camino de Compostella de Santiago - just because.
I wish I could live in New York for three months, so I could really find out about the place.

2.) Do you miss your childhood?

I miss some of the freedoms of childhood - that's about it.

3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends? 

What spare time? Read, sleep, exercise, watch movies, catch up with friends.

4.) What do you appreciate most in your life?  

Friends, the fact that I have the capacity to use my brain effectively and that I have the tenacity to go after things I want.

5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy? 

As much as having money is good, nothing beats being healthy.

6.) If you could go back in time would you and why? 

That sounds a bit pointless. You can't change things.

7.) Favorite game as a child? 

I used to like snake and ladders and monopoly. Operation was good too.

8.) What is your dream career? 

Writer. I like to think I'm on my way.

9.) What do you do in your free time? 

You've asked that already.

10.) Favorite clothing stores? 

There is a store here in Melbourne called Dream Diva - I have an awful feeling it's about to close down. They have great clothes for bigger women.

11.) What TV shows can't you live without?

I can live without telly, but I do enjoy Embarrassing Bodies. Dr Blake is always good - and I've just got into something called Deep Water on SBS. It's excellent.

12.) 3 things you need in your life are: 

Friends, good food, books

13.) What can't you sleep without? 

Darkness and being horizontal. I don't sleep well during the day or on planes.

14.) Who do you have a celebrity crush on? 

Clive Owen :)  Craig McLachlan in his current inclinations is pretty good too.

15.) What is your Favorite Season and why? 

Autumn. Its's getting cooler and I sleep a lot better.

16.) What is your Favorite Wild Animal? 

I'm very fond of elephants, tigers and lions. I just want to give them all a cuddle. Of Australian animals, wombats, platypuses and Eastern Grey kangaroos are fantastic.
Image result for wombat
Image result for eastern grey kangaroo
Image result for platypus

17.) Name 3 of your Favorite Childhood shows: 

I Dream of Jeannie
Hogan's Heroes
Scooby Doo

18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be? 

There was this wonderful film a few years ago - 'Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" with Frances McDormand and Amy Adams. I'd love to be the Amy Adams character.

19.) Favorite vegetables? 

Sweet potatoes, pumpkin and spinach.

20.) Favorite Fruit? 

Strawberries, mangoes and raspberries.

21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it? 

Peabody. That is a good name for a dragon.

22.) What do you put on hotdogs? 

Tomato sauce and a bit of mustard. I really only have hot dogs when I go to Ikea or visit the Keith Roadhouse on the way back to Adelaide.

23.) Do you play online games? 

Just Candy Crush - nothing more than that.

24.) Whats your favorite way to get inspired? 

Go for a walk or go to the gym.

25.) Do you have a middle name?

Ye. Jane. It's boring.

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Have you seen the movie Martin Sheen and Emilio Esteves made about the Camino? Really a good film. I had never heard of it before.

Bev Sykes said...

The movie was "The Way" = check it out.

Stacy said...

Goodness, the wombat is so cute! I've always wanted to visit Australia, but probably won't ever make it there. We were able to send our daughter the summer before her senior year of high school. She went for 3 weeks as a student ambassador with People to People. She got to do all the things I've always dreamed of...including cuddling with kangaroos, koalas, and swimming with some big fish named Wally at the Great Barrier Reef. I hope you get to visit N.Y.C. and see all the things you want to.

Kwizgiver said...

Wombats are adorable!

CountryDew said...

Hope you get that trip to NYC. And make it as a writer. Go! Go! Go!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I wanted to kiss all your adorable Australian animal snaps! I hope those terrible fires are out but then you are starting into Spring, and like Cali, you have a drought. Got me Fingers crossed for you all!