Thursday, July 9, 2020

Hipster Lunch


Stage 3 Lockdown: Day One

Have powered up the work laptop by 8.45.

10 a.m. go for a coffee run down to Vic Gardens to get a coffee for the team catch up which is held over video link. Needed to be done.

Did some work.

After another video link meeting decided to make the best of the nice weather and try out the cafe around the corner which services the hipsters and yuppies of Richmond. Hector's Deli has a bit of a cult following around the district. It does sandwiches and coffee and that is it. On any given day there is an ironic mob of hipsters hanging around waiting for their sandwiches.

Today was no exception.



Trying to give a bit of support to local businesses, it seemed a good thing to do.

I waited on the traffic island to keep myself socially distanced. I talked to a Boston Terrier puppy called Sarge and I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I became rather enamoured with the sky and the power pole. It was a lovely afternoon to be outside.


I waited as the cops called around and told off a heap of hipsters for not socially distancing. The ironic milk crates they were sitting on were taken away.

30 minutes later, 30 long minutes of standing on a traffic island, my sandwich was ready.

Was it worth the wait?  Hells yeah. I think this is going to be a special place to visit. The wait time was a bit more than I would have liked, but the food is awesome.

So I got back, at the awesome hipster lunch, had a few meetings and introduced the cat to his new toy - a laser pointer.

View this post on Instagram
A post shared by pandorabehr (@pandorabehr) on

Six hours on, the cat is still loving his new toy. It's the small things that keep us happy.

Today's song:





No comments: