Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Banger

I want a banger.

I want a banger real bad. 

I really, really want a banger. 

And I'm trying to talk myself out of the banger. 

Because I don't need a banger. 

A banger, like it would be a guilty pleasure. 

But I REALLY REALLY want a banger. 

I hate this. I hate talking myself out of things. 

And I'm about to get a two grand bonus...

And no, I am not talking about sausages or a heavy metal band. 


There is an art to talking yourself out of something. 

Last night I was around at a friend's place and she introduced me to her banger. And it was awesome. It left me in a big puddle, and along with the fru-chocs my mate was feeding me, not a better night could have been had. 

She half-talked me into it getting the banger there and then using airmiles. I mean, I've nearly enough points for a return business class flight to Europe - but who knows when we're going to be allowed to travel overseas again, why not use some of these points? Maybe it's just a lot of wishful thinking that we'll be travelling soon. The desire to take myself off to England for a few weeks is huge. But we live in hope. 

Which leaves me with the banger dilemma. 

See, my friend is a physiotherapist. I've got a nagging rotator cuff injury which flares up after doing anything that looks like a chest press or push up. Last night she got her banger onto my shoulder.

I call it a banger because it goes bang-bang-bang-bang-bang.....

And it was magnificent. I had to wash the drool off of my shirt later. It was that good. 

I mean, it looks like an instrument of torture or a strange kitchen utensil - maybe a high tech meat tenderiser, but it's very effective. Who knew a personal massage device could do that? And it's rechargeable. And it isn't just for shoulders. You can get to all sorts of places. It is fantastic for ITBs and quads and glutes.... And the handle comes off...

And the shoulder is feeling better than it's felt in weeks. Like my own personal myotherapist. This comes tried, tested and physio recommended. 

I think I might be losing the battle. 

What else am I going to use my airmiles on at the moment?



Today's song: 



No comments: