Saturday, December 25, 2021

Over for another year

 I don't have the greatest relationship with Christmas, and when it gets to about this time on Christmas Day, if I've got here without tears, it's a good thing. 

No tears. A few were threatened earlier today. I let them pass. 

In all, it was a nice mellow day with Blarney, Barney, the Units and a couple of Blarney's good friends, Aine and Grainne. We had glazed ham, some roast vegetables and quite a bit of cassata. At 6.30 pm, I excused myself and went home to Lucifer, my foam roller and yoga mat. It's going to take a lot help from the last two things on the list to get my body back to feeling like normal. 

Blarney and Barney introduced me to the Moody family on Netflix. We spent the morning whatching this old ABC series. It's hilarious - and probably only accessable to Australians. It's the funniest thing I've seen for a while.

I'm not going go on about why I hate Christmas.It's not the time or place for it. 

But as Christmases go, this was a nice, easly mellow one.

I hope you've all had a pleasant one too. Mellow, quiet, pleasant, calm are good adjectives.

And tomorrow, I can start the holiday proper. 

Today's song: 



No comments: