Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sunday Stealing: How Far Will You Go?

 Another Saturday night getting the questions out of the way. In my defense, I have been out tonight. Went to a birthday barbeque, but now I know that I'll feel better about doing the questions. It's this or whining about not being able to get oestrogen patches.

Questions, as always, come from Bev at Sunday Stealing

1.    What's the best thing to inherit other than money

A predisposition to good health? A decent work ethic? Skinny ankles? I've inherited all of these from my mother. 

2.    What one thing would you most like to happen tomorrow?

This is going to sound awful, but half of me wishes that my masons meeting tomorrow gets cancelled. I could really use a free day, but I am obligated to go to Masons. It's a bit like swimming in cold water - it will be fine when I get there. 

3.    Who is the person with whom you've been most infatuated?

I go through my petting infatuations from time to time. It was Cary Grant for a time. Clive Owen has a special spot in my heart. Kenneth Branagh another. Other than William Shakespeare and Henry VIII, both of whom I read all around the place about, I'll stick to the petty wonderment and crushes. 

4.    In what part of the day does time go slowest and fastest?

Time always goes way to fast in the morning and it slows down at night. But after doing a Theta Healing course we've been taught to stretch time. It's a cool thing. 

5.    Whose thoughts would you most like to read?

I can't answer this. It's one of the great mysteries of life not knowing what people were thinking. At times I'd love to know what my cat is thinking, but then again, the way he looks at me sometimes, I think there might be murder on his mind. 

6.    Who is the person you'd least like to touch?

Touch in what way? I can't answer this. 

7.    What is the best quality you inherited from your parents?

Possibly my protestant work ethic and skinny ankles from my Mum. From Dad I got skin that quickly goes brown in the sun and my curls. 

8.    Who is the friend you most often disagree with?

Funnily enough, Blarney and I have a tendency to agree to disagree on things, and that is okay. We think totally differently about a lot of things. 

9.    What's the best ritual of your daily life?

Probably that first cup of coffee of the morning. And yes, I know, I drink decaffeinated coffee, but it is still that ritual of making the coffee in my Italian stove pot coffee machine, heating up the almond milk and taking a sip. Bliss. 

10.    What is the most useful job you've ever had?

I'm not sure any of my jobs find me being useful - but I'm currently working for an energy company writing materials which help people answer the phones at said energy company, which helps keep the lights on. That's a bit useful. 

11.    In which year of your life did you change the most?

Oh, that would be 1991. I moved to England and grew up really quickly. 

12.    What's the best thing you've ever gotten for free?

I love my big reading chair. A friend, who was renovating gave it to me after I admired it years ago. I love reading in the chair. Lucifer loves sleeping in it. 

13.  What is the thing you are best at?

I'm not bad at: 

  • Writing
  • Being a friend
  • Keeping fit
  • Making cookies
  • Procrastinating
  • Travelling

14.    What was the luckiest moment in your life?

I won two tickets to anywhere in the world about 15 years ago. That was very lucky. 

15.    What is the single most important thing you have ever learned?

Forgiving and loving with an open heart is a good way to get places in life. 

Today's song:

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Love #15

Kwizgiver said...

#14 is amazing!

Great song--I haven't heard it in ages

Lisa said...

I like your list of things you are good (not bad) at doing!! Also, where did you go when you won those tickets? That is an amazing thing to win!!

Roger Owen Green said...

Stretching time? Sounds WONDERFUL!