I've stolen this off the Plastic Mancunian. Memes are good when your brain is fried but you know you want to write.
1. Tell us who the last person was that you showered with.
Do I have to? Mind you, I should be pleased I was showering with him - at least I knew he was clean then. He liked the water about ten degrees cooler than I did - wuss.
2. Tell us about your favorite tee-shirt. Extra points if you show a pic. (We know. What can you do with freakin' extra points?)
I have a pink t-shirt with the word "GEEK" emblazoned across the front in big letters. I wear it on fun runs. I wear it a lot - it always gets comments.
Photo attached - apologies for the maniacal smile - was taken afer my first fun run - I was pretty happy. Where are my extra points?
3. Has anyone ever hit on you even though they knew you were taken?
Never been taken, but have been hit on occasionally.
4. Do you plan what to wear the next day?
During the week when I have to go to work, yes. Stops me having to think in the morning. Can climb into the clothes after the shower in the morming. Easy.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Why?
A bit tired and a bit sore. Two hours in a darkened, airless room talking about computer processes will do the tired to you. Sore from yesteday's 14 kilometre run - but it's not bad sore. More a "I know I've done some work and I'll be fine after a walk and a stretch" sore.
6. What's the closest thing to you that's black?
My bra. It's next to my skin.
7. Tell me about an interesting dream you remember having.
I was dreaming about American power outlets in a grey metal the other day. I'm in Kabbalistic dream group - I remember lots of funny dreams.
8. Did you or might you meet anybody new today?
Other than the odd random shop person, no, no meaningful new people were met. Yesterday was far better for meeting people.
9. If you could be doing anything right now (or perhaps after you finish this ridiculous meme)what would it be?
I would do Clive Owen. That's easy.
However, I will probably make some eggplant (aubergine) parmigiana and then go to bed.
10. Do you floss?
Yes, but I should do it more
11. What comes to mind when I say China?
Big wall that can be seen from space. Dumplings. Mao suits. Dead men stacked three on three in a boat on a stormy sea (dream reference - it's never left me).
12. Are you overly emotional?
I am emotional. I can be overly emotional, but I'm able to keep things in check for the most part.
13.If you could listen to just one rock album (CD, vinyl or mp3) which one would you pick ?
I think I'd like to revisit "Tommy". It's been over a decade.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
A bit of both.
15. Do you like your car?
Yes, but Andrew is hopefully going to be replaced in the next few months. He's getting a bit long in the tooth.
16. Do you like yourself?
Yes. It's only taken me 40 years to be able to say that sincerely.
17. Would you go out to eat with Charlie Sheen?
Eat, yes. Drink, no. I'm not a bad drinker - but he takes the biscuit - and hell knows where the tequila shooters would lead to....
18. What was the last song that you listened to?
"Ghosts" by Laura Marling
19. Are (or were) your parents strict?
In some respects yes, overly so. In other ways, no.
20. Have you ever wondered what attending a wild orgy (if only to watch or...) would be like?
For five minutes every few years. Doesn't really float my boat. Unless Clive Owen was there.
21. I say cottage cheese. You say:
Ewwwwww. Gross. Get me a bucket please, I'm going to be sick. Hate the stuff.
22. Have I ever met a celebrity?I stole a cigarette of Jeremy Clarkson in a restaurant many years ago in London - back when I smoked and lived in London.
23. What was the last movie that you watched at home?
"City Island", with Andy Garcia and Juliana Marguiles. Wonderful film - very underated.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
The covers of my Artemis Fowl books. They're all sparkly - and a great read!
25. What countries have you visited?
England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Greece, Italy, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Germany (though only passed through on a train), USA. Not sure if Tasmania counts - it's a law unto itself.
26. Have you ever made a phone call while you were drunk that you've regretted? If yes, do tell.
Yes, but I don't remember. It only came up in my call log the next day. I was told that I was piss funny and rather pointed amd insistant in my requests.
27. Where were you going the last time that you were on a train?
I was going to the Run for the Kids on Sunday. Amazingly, it was the first time in six years of living in this flat that I had got on the train at my local station. I normally take the tram.
28. Bacon or sausage?
29. How long have you had a cell-phone?
I think I bought my first mobile phone sometime in the mid 1990’s while I was in London. It was the size of a standard house brick.
30. What other memes do you do regularly?
Only the ones I steal of the Plastic Mancunian and Kath from "Blurb from the Burbs".
31. Who is the craziest meme host?
I dunno - I love what the Plastic Mancunian has to say about things in his memes.
32. Who invented chop sticks?
Where has that google "I'm feeling lucky" button gone when you need it? Somebody Chinese I suppose!
33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
Just me. And Clive Owen - in my dreams.
34. Are you too forgiving?
Probably. Though I'm hardening up in my old age and I take far less crap from people now.
35. When was the last time that you were in love?
About three years ago. Would rather not think about that.
36. Tell us about your best friend.
Blarney is Irish, with blue eyes, dark curly hair, a fantastic, practial black and white to my big shade of grey. Mother of twins, forever upbeat - and she lends me her second prize possession - her cat, Maow Maow. The best of friends lend you their cats.
37. What was the stupidest thing you learned in high school?
The first person subjunctive case of the verb etre in French is "fus" - like who uses the subjunctive in conversational French? The rules of tennis and how to make a roux come close behind.
38. What was the last thing that you cried about?
Friday night I had a panic attack. It lasted a few minutes, but I cried then. And the last five minutes of the film "Barney's Version". Saw it a fortnight ago. Bawled myself stupid - wonderful film - Paul Giamatti is a genius.
39. What was the last question you asked?
"What's wrong with being a Crows supporter?"
40. Favorite thing to do this time of the year?
Kick piles of leaves. Cuddle up under the duvet. Run in the drizzle. Wear a coat. Watch the ANZAC Day parade (this year I want to go to dawn service, not just watch it on telly.)
41. If you had to get a (or another) tattoo, what would it be?
I've been threatening to get the World Wildlife Panda tattooed on my bum next to the very small Chinese symbol for love which is already there. It's been threatened for years. I won't do it. But I think about it.
42. How would your best friend describe you?
Kind, nuts, smart, loyal, affectionate (I mind her kids and cat a bit - smother them with cuddles and kisses - that's why I say the last one)
43. Have you ever seen all three Twilight films?
Yes. The first and third were okay - just okay. The second one needs to get drowned with that cat book we read for book group this month.
I'm not looking forward to the fourth film - possibly the worst book I've read in the last ten years - second only to that cat book. Renesmee - like sheesh - get me a sledgehammer so I can destroy the mormon's word processor.
44. Ever walked into a glass door?
No, but I've laughed as my dear old blind dog did every so often.
45. Favorite color on that person that you are attracted to?
Scarlet. Blue comes a close second.
46. Have you ever slapped someone?
Yes. But I was twelve at the time.
47. What hair style (for you) would you like to see return?
The Farrah Fawcett flick. I have boofy eighties hair - it works well for me.
48. What was the last CD you bought?
Ben Lee's "Awake is the New Sleep."
49. Do looks matter to you?
To a point. They're nothing without intelligence, a sense of humour and personality.
50. Could you ever forgive a liar?
Depends on how big the lie is. White lies fine - anything bigger - probably no.
51. What's the hardest bill to pay every month?
Effing Telstra. Same service - just keeps on going up and up and up. Telcos suck - no matter who they are.
52. Do you like your life right now?
It's not too bad at the moment. Going through a heap of changes - which is good. Gotta love change.
53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
I will fall asleep with the telly on, but I tend to wake and turn it off after half an hour of sleeping. I never wake to find it on anyway.
However, when overseas, I tend to keep the telly on low at night when staying in hotels. It helps me retain language (and makes me feel not so alone).
54. Can you handle the truth?
Most of the time.
55. Do you have good vision?
It's getting better. I'm slightly short-sighted but it's correcting with age.
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
I don't hate people. There are more than three people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, but it doesn't mean I hate them - I just don't care for them at all. They don't number that many. Tony Abbott and John Howard front the list.
57. How often do you talk on the phone?
Two or three times a day on average.
58. What celeb would you like to come home to?
59. What are you wearing?
Black t-shirt, leggings, bra and undies - standard after work wear.
60. What is your favorite wild animal?
Rather fond of tigers and pandas and lions. I'd love to have a lion! Meerkats are fun to watch at the zoo too.
61. Where was your facebook picture taken?
Where I'm sitting at the moment. On my iPhone in front of my book cases. It's my avatar for this blog too.
62. Can you waltz?
No. I have a fear of dancing which is almost as strong as my fear of falling and my fear of intimacy.
63. Do you have a job?
Yes. By day I'm a consulting technical writer at Bastard Bank. Out of hours I'm a holistic healer, tarot reader, writer, reiki healer and reflexologist. Love having a portfolio career.
64. What was the most recent thing you stole?
Stationery from Tin Can, String and Whistle. It's not really stealing - I grew very attached to that stapler over the three years I was there. We have a bond.
65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
As I child I remember doing that. But I can pick locks now so I don't need to.
Right, to make eggplant parmigiana and go to bed now.