It's Sunday, which means it's blog and chore day. This means it's meme time, with chores and jobs.
As always, Sunday Stealing has provided the questions. I have a bit to do today. Let see what jobs I can get done.
Job: Go gym.
1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
Why must it be the United States? Why cant't it be somewhere else? Okay, if I was to have a week in the States I'd like to go to San Francisco and Seattle. I've done a little bit of the East Coast but none of the West Coast, Good coffee and culture are a must and both of these places seem to have these in buckets, Also San Francisco as a friend of mine is just moving over, taking on a job at Google - he's promised me a tour of the place if I come over.
Job: Load of Washing
2. Name your guilty pleasures.
Ice cream, eggs with tomato sauce, vegemite toast with lashings if butter, expensive perfume, Pandora charms, Dr Blake, film and theatre. I'm not sure that all of these are guilty pleasures but they do make life far more fun.
Job: Hang out the washing
3. The best kind of milkshake is:
Vanilla malted. Failing that, anything that is made in a road house with full fat milk and ice cream and served in a tin cup.
Job, Printed out tax stuff to take to the accountants soon.
4. What do you value most in other people?
Honesty, kindness, a sense of adventure and a sense of fun. Intelligence is a bonus too.
Job: Print out work forms and sign them ready for tomorrow
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
Of course. Uncooked cookie dough and cake batter is the best - normally I leave it until I get to lick the bowl and the beaters after.
Job: Make bed
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
Yes. An number of times. I remember having a huge argument with somebody once. Broke my heart at the time. The best thing was it got him out of my system, put some boundaries in place and now we're friends, just as we're supposed to be. Getting made redundant a few years ago was the best thing to have ever happened to me too. Sounds like a cop out, but it made me find my stride.
Job: Sign and send on paperwork for tomorrow's start
7. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
I've been to many beautiful places in my time, both man made and natural. Today I'm going to nominate the Lady Chapel at Ely Cathedral. It's all to do with the light. It's stunning.
Job: Clean teeth
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
Definitely a feeler. I'm reasonably good at thinking, but I like to rely on my instincts to get around in the world. Has never let me down.
Job: Tidy up
9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
1) My health
2) The fact I'm employable and pick up work easily
3) That there is a cat asleep on the couch - he's kept me warm these last few nights
Job: Dishes done
10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
Yes, but I think I was about nine-years-old at the time.
Job: Start ironing
11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
As an Australian, you struggle to get us to stand up for the National Anthem at times. We do, but it is a struggle. So I place my hand over my heart when it plays? No. I feel more and I want to put my hand over my heart when I hear The Last Post more often than not.
Job: Apply make up
12. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law?
Yes. Thankfully I've never been caught. now and then I go over the speed limit. That counts, doesn't it?
Job: Continue ironing
13. When was the last time you unintentionally surprised someone else?
A few people were surprised that I'm embarking on this Masters in Writing course which starts in a few weeks.
Job: Feed Cat
14. When was the last time you deliberately surprised someone else?
It was many years ago, but I surprised my sister when I came back from London - turned up a day early. She was cranky with me for a while as she said that there house wasn't cleaned... typical for my family.
Job: Put away the ironing
15. What was the last really funny movie you watched?
That goes to "The Grand Budapest Hotel" which was one of the silliest and funniest films I've seen in years. For pure spit takes, I also reckon that "The Trip to Italy" was pretty good. Can't say "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" without giggling.
(Where do I stand on Michael Buble? His wind pipe is the answer....)