Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.
1. How long did it take you to finish your last book?
About three days. I re-read "The Light Between Oceans" for book group. Great book.
2. How many times do you stare at your bookshelves each day?
Three or four. I love my book shelves.
3. How many Goodreads friends/books do you have?
Not that I ever thought about it, but I have 27 Goodreads friends.
4. Do you ever quote books in public?
More poetry than prose, but yes. I can do Jabberwocky when I'm pissed. Rote. :)
5. Do you ever re-read books?
Rarely. Often for book group as something I've read a year before comes up on the list. Have read "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" seven or eight times and I've been over the Harry Potter series quite a few times too.
6. Do you judge a book by its cover?
I try not to.
7. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them?
No. Why would I do that?
8. What are your biggest distractions from reading?
Work, and life in general.
9. Where is your favorite place to buy books?
I love independent book shops. But as I'm trying to keep the stuff in my flat down, I buy a lot on Amazon for my Kindle.
10. Do you always have a book with you?
Yes. Very rare that I don't have my kindle on me, and I have a kindle app on my phone.
11. Do you read during breakfast?
Only if I'm having a relaxing breakfast out by myself.
12. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Not enough. Probably only 30 minutes or so. Sometimes I get the luxury of reading all day.
13. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
About the same I'd reckon.
14. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I'm certainly not a slow reader, but I wouldn't say I speed read either.
15. Do you read in bed?
Of course. Best place to read in my opinion.