These are great questions, Bev. Thanks to Sunday Stealing for providing.
1. What is a normal thing that took you an embarrassingly long time to learn?
Using scissors. It appears the only way I can use them is the left handed way.
2. In what ways are you old-fashioned?
I iron everything. Nobody does that any more. And I bake from scratch.
3. What is the best sandwich you've ever eaten? Where did you get it? What made it so delicious?
I love a smoked salmon and salad sandwich from Urban Kitchen on Lonsdale Street. Everything is so fresh. They're wonderful. Anything with smoked salmon can't be bad.
4. What are you currently not bragging about that you should totally brag about?
I've nearly finished my masters.. but I don't want to crow yet.
5. What food have you never tasted and are most interested in trying?
I have South American friends - yerba mate sounds interesting.
6. What history facts were you surprised to learn because it was never covered in school?
Pretty much everything about the Catholic Church. Fascinating stuff.
7. What is something that you waited entirely too long to start or stop doing? What made you say "Why did I wait so long?"
Going to the gym. Should have started that ten years before I did. Love the gym.
8. What socially expected thing do you hate doing the most? What thing about polite society really grinds your gears?
Not speaking your mind.
9. What is something about your city that I should know if I'm going to visit? What is the hidden "must see" that you always tell friends and visitors to not miss.
I love the Shrine - the big war memorial in town. The Museum in the basement is awesome.The art gallery is great too.
10. What do you miss most about childhood?
Sleeping with my dog.
11. What "fact" did you learn in school that is not true or no longer true?
Bob Hawke is no longer Prime Minister. There is no place called Yugoslavia any more either.Or Burma for that matter. Or Kampuchea...
12. What's your favorite piece of useless trivia?
Just one piece of useless trivia? Daddy Cool played with Black Sabbath and Cat Stevens at the Myponga Music Festival in 1971.
13. What's your best go to homemade "lazy" meal.
Beans on toast, or cheese on toast. Love both of them.
14. What's the title of this current chapter in your life?
The Blessed One
15. What is a habit or practice that you learned from your childhood that you didn't realize was "weird" until you were an adult?
Probably ironing everything...