Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Favourites Meme

Ah, running late again. Have a huge week at work next week (including migrating one computer to another - always fun) so this weekend has been spent having a nice, quiet, easy going weekend. Got my lunch cooked for the week (Gluten Free pasta and meatballs), went for a float, had my temples seen to at the hairdresser and generally relaxed,

So here are this week's questions. As always, they've been provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

  Your favorite songs

Here are three:





    Your favorite bands

Okay other than The Pixies? Here are a few: The Police, Alt-J, The Rolling Stones, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Simon and Garfunkel, early Arctic Monkeys, Talking Heads.

    Your favorite actors or actresses

Other than Clive Owen? Hmmm. Julianne Moore, Juliette Binoche, Kenneth Branagh, Philip Seymour Hoffman (God bless him), Cary Grant, Gabriel Macht - just to name a few. But Clive Owen - phwoar.

    Your favorite books:

There are a few:

  • Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres.
  • The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
  • Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
  • The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Love books.

    Books you dislike

I don't generally dislike books, but I've never been able to read The Hobbit - or the Lord of the Rings Series - just boring. I'm not a fan or horror either. Not a fan of badly written chick lit either.

Oh, and Cleo, The Cat that Healed a Family - I've never recovered from that.

    Your favorite movies

Again, a few favourites.

  • Three Colours: Blue
  • The Princess Bride
  • Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
  • Most Pixar animated fare
  • Branagh's Henry V
  • The Intouchables
  • V is for Vendetta
  • And I'm becoming very fond of the Marvel Universe - particularly Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Breakfast at Tiffanys
  • To Catch a Thief / Rear Window / North by Northwest

    Your favorite TV shows

  • The Young Ones
  • Outrageous Fortune
  • Travel Guides (local fare - ordinary people rate holiday destinations - hilarious)
  • The West Wing
  • This Life (English Fare - it was awesome)
  • Suits

    Your favorite foods/drinks

  • Mum's roast lamb
  • Flat rice noodles with chicken and hot chilli sauce from the Zen Noodle bar down Centre Lane
  • Ice cream
  • Poached eggs
  • Pasties - when sourced in Adelaide

    Your favorite animal

I love most animals. I'm know as being a cat person, but I also adore dogs too... and horses. And Lions... and seals... and elephants. Animals are wonderful.

My most favourite animal is Maow Maow, my best mate's cat. We have a relationship. He's coming to stay in May for a month. He'll sleep with me. he's just wonderful.


    Your favorite scents

Roses. Dogs paws in the morning. Freshly baked bread. Home cooking. Autumn leaves. The beach.

    Your hobbies/ things you do in your free time

What is free time? When I do get some time you find me in the gym, at a movie theatre, reading a book or writing.

    Your pet peeves

Rude people. People who don't listen. The current Australian Federal Government (hopefully only 21 days left of the f*ckers)

    Things you collect

Books and ornamental elephants. And pens. I pick up pens everywhere.

    Things you like to swap

Books. And movie tips.

    Places you've been

Other than the monthly trip to Sydney. I've visited the following countries:

  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • France
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Greece
  • The Netherlands
  • Germany
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Indonesia (Just Bali)
  • Hong Kong
  • Thailand
  • New Zealand
  • The United States (New York, Pennsylvania, Massachussetts and California - and maybe Colorado later this year)
  • And I've been to South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory and Queensland in Australia.

    Places you'd like to visit

Next places on the list to visit:

  • United States - hope to visit Colorado in November
  • India - may have a wedding to go to next year
  • Japan is high on the list
  • Vietnam
  • South Africa
  • Argentina and Uruguay
  • Canada
  • And there is a lot more of Scotland, England and Wales I want to see. 

    The songs you dislike

I'm not a fan of Country and Western music, nor death metal.

And I really don't like this song. It's just bad.



   The movies you dislike:

I walked out of Sin City. Hated it. I'm also not a fan of anything too violent - So I've never seen Braveheart.

    The TV shows you dislike

Most reality telly. My Kitchen Rules. Anything with a Kardashian in it. Anything where people get too humiliated. Then again - I do watch Married at First Sight and Masterchef.

    classes you liked in school

French, English, Maths, Chemistry. I was pretty good at school.

    classes you disliked in school

P.E. (sport, Phys Ed, what ever you like to call it) and Physics. We were taught by a yeti in Physics.
   
crafts you would like to learn

I can already knit, crochet and sew. I don't mind painting. I would love to learn to play the piano properly. Never got piano lessons. Wish I did.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Wow...3 of us (so far) who have mentioned Cary Grant. That's unusual!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Mmmmm, poached eggs. I love them, my husband shudders. I don't get the hard cooked egg thing at all. No yolky goodness. have a fab week!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I LOVED The Book Thief, and To Kill a Mockingbird. great choices. Captain Coreli's Mandolin was such a great book.
You have been all OVER the half acre, haven't you. It's great to travel.
I love cats, too, but after two of them vanished into thin air, two died of a terrible disease, and one was killed in the street, I've wanted to have only dogs...

Good luck in the computer migrations.