Monday, January 18, 2021

When the cat gets mail

Too tired from all the painting to write so I will write about my cat. 

 I came home to find this in the letterbox.


The cat got a letter. Okay, I got a letter reminding me that the cat needed his annual checkup and shots - thing is, the cat got a letter addressed to him, and he's in South Australia until the weekend when I go over and pick him up. Suppose I should make an appointment for him to see the vet.I don't think he'd like this letter. 

Speaking of vets, my mother called on the weekend. Said his lordship was out of sorts. He'd snarled at her and bit her (not hard, just a warning nip) the day before, and he was still not being himself - they were planning on taking him to the vet the day after if he was still not quite right. She said he was walking a bit funny.

I held down every urge to jump in the car and drive to South Australia there and then, and said of course I'd pay the vet bills, but give him a day - it might just be the ham fat my stepdad fed him the day before. The walking thing was a bit bad, but he's a cat. They're hard to kill - and I know Mum's been looking after him very well. He's been giving her cuddles and everything. 

15 minutes later, I get another call. It's Mum. They found the problem. He's managed to get tangled up in his collar, the bloody thing was under his arm.(Black cat, black collar - it happens) They'd managed to get the collar off him (after he jumped up on their bed and went under the covers) and he was fine. I called again today and was told he was back to normal. Much more comfortable. 

Part of me is miffed they didn't take him to the vet, as I asked, if they did, could they get his shots done while they were there. But I'm glad all is well and not tangled up.

I miss the critter. 

We'll be reunited on Saturday. 

Today's Song:






No comments: