Thursday, March 10, 2022

The list

I'm trying to compile a playlist of song as an alternative 80's quiz list - just because. 

As a bit of a challenge, I've been hunting out songs which are known yet slighly obscure to reel in the real 80's oficinados. 

There are some FANTASTIC songs on my compiled list. Some early songs of Madonna. Some middling Prince. Some Australian rock standards from The Angels, Cold Chisel and Rose Tattoo. 

Of course there are the one hit wonders. The Vapours, Matthew Wilder, After the Fire - songs which you know, will sing along to, but you're going to struggle with the band name. 

There are some of my absolute favourite songs from artists like The Waterboys, The Dream Academy, Modern English and Ultravox. 

And some songs  which really should get relegated to Room 101 - or the Guantanamo Bay torture rooms - The Nolans anybody? 

Sifting through these songs as I compile this list, I'm finding I can position the song and where I was at the time when I was listening to it - Like Irene Cara's Flashdance played in the gym at the school, or Ultravox's Vienna was all over Countdown, left off the number one song by being ousted by Joe Dolce's Shuddupa Your Face.

Many, many memories. 

And then there is this. Found it somewhere - an offshoot from one of my favourite ever bands - Talking Heads. 

They don't make them like this any more. 1988 was a good year. 

Today's song: 

No comments: