Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sunday Stealing - Pink

It's a wet Saturday afternoon. I will do what I normally do on wet Saturday afternoons. Jobs, and get the weekly questions out of the way. As always, the questions come thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Do you tend to have a guilty conscious?

No. I do nothing to feel guilty about. The only time I feel irrationally guilty is whenever I go through airport security. I wonder who has put what in my luggage. Rationally, I will have done nothing wrong, though I did get picked up for having a metal hairpin in my hand luggage last time I went to Darwin. I loved that hair pin. 

2. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

I still have two of them. The ones on the right were taken out a long time ago in different sessions in the chair. The bottom one left a dry socket for a few days. I think that was the worst pain I have ever experienced. 

3. Peanut Butter - creamy or crunchy?

Definitely crunchy. Smooth peanut paste (as we South Australians call it) just doesn't make sense to me. 

4. Get up off your butt. Take 5 steps. Which leg did you start out on?

On the left. Force of habit. Years of ambulance cadet and freemason's training. You always start on the left. 

5. What color is your favorite kitchen utensil?

Silver. It's my grandmother's old colander. I love that it ended up with me. My grandmother died 20 years ago in January. 

6. Did you watch the Michael Jackson memorial/funeral?

No. Why would I watch that? I did watch Lady Di's, Prince Philips, Queen Elizabeth, Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser's funerals. The first three were amazing just for the ritual and pomp.

When John Howard finally shakes this mortal coil,I won't be watching that one

7. Do you know anyone who graduated from high school this year? Were you invited to their graduation party? Did you go?

I know a number of kids who graduated from high school this year. They are all my friend's children, but as graduation isn't a big thing around here outside of the kids graduating and their families, it wasn't something to go to. I'd never expect to go to a high school graduation party. It's not something we Australians make a big deal of outside the family (and even then, it's pretty subdued). 

8. White with black stripes or black with white stripes?

Are you talking about zebras, which I believe are black with white stripes. 

9. If we were to call your 6th grade teacher, what would they say about you?

Hmm. He'd say that I was reasonably smart, a bit strange, dreadful at sport and basically obedient. 

10. Can you draw a perfect circle?

No. 

11. What was your favorite scratch & sniff sticker scent?

I have no idea what this question is about.

12. How many light switches and electrical outlets are in the room that you are in right now?

Two light switches and three electrical outlets, although all of the outlets have extension cords and power boards attached to them as this place was built in the seventies when these things weren't such an issue. 

13. Do you know sign language?

I know a couple of signs of Auslan (the official Australian sign language). I wish I knew more. It's a fantastic language to know and use. 

14. Do you step on cracks in the sidewalk?

Yes. Although I have some superstitious habits, this isn't one of them.  

15. And the sheets on your bed look like....?

white with a blue floral print. They are neat and tidy and clean. I make the bed every morning - it's a good habit to get into. 

Today's song:

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

The last time I went through airport security (las Vegas/Detroit), they hand-inspected my bag, and the person threw out what I believe was a legal-size suntan container.

Sparky said...

It would be nice to know sign language. Even though my step-mom was sighted she knew how to read Braille. That would be a good thing to understand too.
Fun post. I didn't post this time. Lazy, I guess. lol
Blessings. Sparky/Pamela

**Syl said...

Airport security always makes me feel a bit stressed.
So since we have Eurostar as an option I go by train.
Almost the same security... but it feels different. And they don't mind fluids.
I'm glad they never thoroughly check my medication bag. Yes, I have a special bag for all my medical stuff. With all that is requested, like paperwork and boxes. But still...