Saturday, September 5, 2026

Sunday Stealing is Artificial

It's Saturday afternoon. My evening plans have fallen through and I'm having a lazy day. 

It's wonderful. 

So here are this week's questions. It appears there's a public holiday over in America. I can't work out how America has so many public holidays. I'm told it's Labour Day. This is the day after which you're not supposed to where white. 

Talking of silly public holidays, we get a Friday off in a few weeks for a football game the following day. 

Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing.

1) What’s something you want to do before summer slips away?

Umm, it's Winter over here, and we're going into Spring. Winter is my second favourite season after Autumn (Fall). I'm just going to enjoy wearing boots for the next little while. After October, it's back to runners, pumps and court shoes for work. 

2) What book are you currently reading?

After slogging through Meg Mason's Sophie, Standing There, which did get better in the second half, but still, it was hard work, I'm now reading Madeline Cash's Lost Lambs, which is laugh out loud funny in places. 

3) What have you been listening to?

I'm an audiobook reader. Currently, I'm listening to Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, which is not the strongest of Austen's novels. I finished Elif Shafak's There are Rivers in the Sky earlier in the week - which is an extraordinary novel. 

4) What shows or movies have you been watching?

On the big screen, I've seen Tony and & Sons. One was about Anthony Bourdain's early life, the other and English film and family drama. Both were good. 

On television, I've been loving the weekly drops of the new season of Ted Lasso. I'm currently watching the second season of The Gentleman - I have a little thing for Theo James. 

Today's song:

No comments: