Wednesday, March 7, 2012
More Australian Wildlife
A possum makes its way into a bakery at night and eats its bodyweight in danishes.
This is what the bakery owner found in the morning....
My initial thoughts.
1) At least the bloody thing isn't in my roof.
2) At least the bloody thing isn't raiding the bins in Fitzroy Gardens (a great place for possum hunting at twilight - I take foreign visitors to go see the ferocious possums - its a must...)
3) At least it's not being let loose by Glen Waverley, who traps them, takes pity on them and sets them free.
4) At least foreign students in Carlton aren't mistaking the poor beast for a lost cat.
5) Kudos to the bloody thing for doing something I wish I could do - raid a bakery, eat to my hearts content and nearly pass out from the joy of it all.
In my next life I want to come back as this possum.
Not this possum.