Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Australian Wildlife

This was on the news this morning.

A possum makes its way into a bakery at night and eats its bodyweight in danishes.

This is what the bakery owner found in the morning....

My initial thoughts.

1) At least the bloody thing isn't in my roof.
2) At least the bloody thing isn't raiding the bins in Fitzroy Gardens (a great place for possum hunting at twilight - I take foreign visitors to go see the ferocious possums - its a must...)
3) At least it's not being let loose by Glen Waverley, who traps them, takes pity on them and sets them free.
4) At least foreign students in Carlton aren't mistaking the poor beast for a lost cat.
5) Kudos to the bloody thing for doing something I wish I could do - raid a bakery, eat to my hearts content and nearly pass out from the joy of it all.

In my next life I want to come back as this possum.

Not this possum.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That is one obese but obviously very happy possum.
Please tell me that the posso/cat post is not real. If it is real I am suprised that the finders still have all their limbs.

MedicatedMoo said...

Bless him, his left hand is even clutching as his tummy!

....I love possums and we used to set our trapped ones free too...

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Never seen a possum in the "fur" so to speak, but how can one be mistaken for a cat?

:-)

Cheers

PM

Pandora Behr said...

The top shot is real.
The bottom one is a fake - probably taken at a vets or a picture of somebody's hand raised possum (because EC is right, they'd take your arm off those ones in the wild) The number given is that of the talking clock... still very, very funny :)