The Units, Chance and Lance turned five yesterday, so it's off to see Shaun the Sheep movie for their birthday - along with a couple of their friends. The birthday cakes are made, complete with smarties and a car on top. I've also got to get my tute papers done for the week and try to get my final paper underway. It's due in on Monday - argh.
Questions, as always, are from Sunday Stealing - however, they're really not up to scratch this week.
1. What is your dream career, and what path do you plan to take to get there?
I want to be a writer, not just a technical writer. I've started a Masters in Writing to help get me there.
2. Who do you aspire most to be like?
I aspire to always be me and only me. That will do. No point being somebody else.
3. What do you like in a best friend?
Laughter, loyalty and kindness. With those three things you can get a long way.
4. Do you currently have any squishes (people you really want to be best friends with)?
Who wrote these questions? A 15 year old. Next.
5. What is your ideal platonic relationship?
Oh, for pity's sake. Friendship is friendship. They're all different and special. Next.
6. Best late night IM/phone conversation story.
None that I'm able to share. I stopped doing that a few years ago as it was too destructive.
7. List one person you’d like to wear the sweater of, one person you’d like to bake cookies with, and one person you’d like to drive around and get lost with. (can be celebrities or fictional characters, has to be three different people and not all the same person)
Another question for a 15 year old. I do all this stuff with my friend, though I'd like to drive around with Clive Owen.
8. Describe your current best friend(s).
Wonderful. Mad. Generous. Irish.
9. What is a strange, little-known fact about you?
I sucked my thumb until I was 33.
10. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now?
I still think being a doctor or an astronaut would be pretty cool.
11. If you could have tea and pleasant conversation with one person, who would it be?
I don't really like pleasant conversation. The only person I ever had tea and pleasant conversation with way my grandmother but that never lasted long. We were at each other after about ten minutes.
12. If you had a time machine, what era would you go to?
I reckon the early 1920s could be fun, especially if I had money, and lived in England.
13. What celebrity or historical figure would you love to have as your best friend and why?
What is the effing best friend thing. Seriously, friends are friends.
14. What fictional character would you love to have as your best friend and why?
Amy from Gone Girl so she could mess with the author of these questions.
15. If you could have one wish, what would it be (cannot be related to romance or sex)?
Australia had a better, more visionary, Federal Government and Tony Abbott was hit by a truck.
16. If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only take one item, what would it be?
A kindle with every Booker Longlisted book loaded on it.
17. If you could pick one career other than the one you are pursuing/plan to pursue, what would it be?
18. What is your best memory you have with a friend?
Too many to list.
19. Do you have any peculiar interests that most people don’t know about?
I'm a freemason. And I knit.
20. What were your favorite childhood toys? Do you still have them?
The teddy my grandfather gave me when I was 2 days old still sits in my cupboard.
21. Favorite baked good?
Struedel Buns - only available in Adelaide, but they're AMAZING. Coffee Eclairs in other states.
22. If your best friend were here right now, what would you do with them (cannot list best friend as your romantic/sexual partner) ?
I've just been to my best friend's five-year-olds' birthday party. it was great. If she were here now we'd be watching telly and having a cup of tea.
23. Who would you love to play video games with?
I've never been into video games.
24. If you could visit any country, which one would it be?
I'd love to go to Peru and go and see Macchu Picchu.
25. Are there any friends you miss having around?
Yes, a lot of them. Reindert and Lachlan in particular.