This feels a bit early, and I reckon there is another version of this that I might do in a few days time. It has a few more pertinent questions.
I'm writing this on my mother's computer down here at Myponga - having an easy day today before what will be a hard one on Tuesday, then the drive back to Melbourne on Wednesday.
Anyway, here we go.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Said goodbye to a niece. My sister's eldest daughter passed away after battling leukaemia ten days ago. It's been an awful process to watch. I never want to do that again.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any new years resolutions - just wanted to keep healthy, happy and solvent, and I did that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but a friend is expecting in March - making the blanket now.
4. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015?
Life is very short and fragile. (I'm sorry I'm a bit morose, but I'm attending my 15 year old niece's funeral on Tuesday - a bit hard not to feel a bit down)
5. What was your favorite new TV program?
I didn't watch much telly this year, but I was fond of Transparent on Stan.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Somebody who has been wanting to be here should be here by this time next year - things just have to run its course.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16 December. It was the day my niece passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Remaining solvent, happy and fit.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping the flat tidy.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a new 50 inch Smart Ultra high definition television. I love it.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gillian Triggs is amazing. Calmness in the face of adversity. Clementine Ford had her moments too.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Peter Dutton for a start. Tony Abbott has always been a poor excuse of a human being. I have no idea why Donald Trump continues to breathe either.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
I don't like the song though.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat ice cream - and procrastinate about exercising.
16. What was the best book you read?
I have to give three. Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five was amazing. Loved Anthony Doerr's "All the Light we Cannot See" and ML Steadman's "The Light Between Oceans: too.
17. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Having somebody's divorce finalise sooner. Oh well, not long now.
18. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Time, time, time See what's become of me
While I looked around for my possibilities