Sunday, December 13, 2015
The Why Do You Want To Know That Meme Part II
It seems that there are two parts to this meme.
Hmm. Thanks Sunday Stealing.
It's been a lovely quiet weekend. It's my friend Geetangeli's fiftieth birthday today. We've had a chat on skype, which was lovely. It's my last week in paid employment for a while - which is nice. Have to find a new job come February - something is on the way to being lined up, which is good. Lots to look forward to in the coming weeks. At least six weeks off work being the most important thing of all.
Anyway, time to get these done, with job in between for good measure.
25. List 3 activities that you can only enjoy by yourself.
Watching Dr Blake.
Eating ice cream from the tub.
26. If you could live in any biome* (and survive) which biome would you live in? (*a large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna occupying a major habitat, e.g., forest or tundra.)
Why don't they just say habitat? I'd say forest. Like forests. As long as there was hot running water.
27. How do you like being roused in the morning?
By the sun. A cat's paw to the nose comes second.
28. How was your day? What did you do?
Nice day. Gym. Breakfast. Christmas shopping. Watched a few movies. Done some housework and cooking and the food shopping. A normal Sunday really.
29. What did your last text message say?
30. Do you respond to texts quickly?
Normally. Depends who it is.
31. Who was the last person you called?
Mum, about an hour ago.
32. List 5 things that are on your wish list.
That my niece gets better(and soon.
Rational, compassionate, sensible politicians.
A stable job come February.
That I get a date when a friend is coming out from England.
33. If you were famous, what do you think you would be famous for?
Writing a book up there with Harry Potter.
34. Winter or summer?
35. What is a quality that all people should have?
Kindness. Kindness is very underrated.
36. If you could have a large collection of one item, what would that item be?
Book. Oh, wait, I have a large collection of books.
37. What have you been thinking about lately?
What I'm going to do when my friend comes out from England. Busy plotting fun things to do.
38. What is the secret to a happy life?
Stay in the moment. Don't worry about the stuff you can't control. The serenity prayer says it all.
39. What are some phrases you say often?
Cool Bananas. Yeah... Nah....
40. Favorite food?
Ice cream. Any ice cream.
41. What is your wish for the world?
That people would learn to just get on with things and stop trying to enforce their views on others - think terrorism, gun laws, abortion, religion. Seriously, beliefs are like a penis. It's perfectly fine to have one and be proud of it, but when you start taking it out and wagging it in my face, we have a problem.
42. What are some of your greatest fears?
Spiders and stairs. In that order.
43. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
A copy of a book for book group. Bought from Amazon, thank you.
44. Most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen (in real life)?
The forest just outside of Boston in Autumn. I've seen lots of beautiful things.
45. Spicy food: Like or dislike?
46. Scary movies: Like or dislike?
47. Do you like to travel?
I would do that every day if I could. Love travelling.
48. Any regrets?
No. Regrets are stupid.
49. Do you like rain?
I am from country South Australia. Rain makes me very happy indeed.