I'm writing this from my mother's kitchen table in Myponga, South Australia. It's freezing, but a lovely day down here. Back to Melbourne soon.
Not a bad set of questions from Sunday Stealing (bar the stupid and seemingly obligatory relationship questions at the end which blight these memes.)
1. What are your current obsessions?
The new series or Rake on the ABC.
Messina Gelati ice cream
Pokemon Go - I hope this obsession leaves soon.
2. What are you listening to?
The prattlings of Adelaide talk back radio. I'm sitting in my mother's kitchen - what else would be playing?
3. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
I've got a lovely pair of soft baggy jeans that I adore - a week doesn't go by when they're not in the wash.
4. What are you reading?
Currently reading "My Brilliant Friend" by Elena Ferante. Just finished, "The Natural Way of Things" which was incredible.
5. What’s for dinner?
Probably something take away as I get back to Melbourne early evening and I won't be bothered cooking.
6. What was the last thing you bought?
Lunch for my sister and her family yesterday. We went to the local bakery for pasties and bienenstich.
7. Guilty pleasure?
Candy Crush. Tattoo shows like InkMaster, Best Ink and Tattoo Nightmares.
8. What training did you get and how do you make a living?
I've got an Arts Degree and various certificates and diplomas. I'm trained to be a writer. I am a writer.
9. If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, and choose a different career path, what would you train to do?
I still reckon I'd be an okay doctor.
10. What’s your best time of day?
I'm better in the morning until about 3 pm. Then I start yawning.
11. Do you like being on a team or are you a solo player?
I can do both. Depends on the team and the task.
12. What’s your favorite way to create art?
I write - that's my art - though I like to bake and crochet too.
13. Name three items in your refrigerator:
Mustard, olives, tonic water.
14. Tell us about your first crush:
It was Mark Holden. I was five years old. I had no taste in men even back then.
15. The first time that I became a boyfriend/girlfriend was with who, when?
I was sixteen. He as tall and had a lot of spots and was into computers.
16. Do you remember what you did on your first date?
We went and saw Police Academy - the first one and the best one.
17. How did you meet your current (or most recent) girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife?
Never having a long term boyfriend, can't answer this.
18. How did your first romantic relationship end?
Daft question - it was over 30 years ago. It ended badly.
19. Do you remember your first kiss?
Yes. It was a first kiss. I remember thinking, "Is this it?"
20. What do we still not know about you?
That's for me to know and you to ponder.