Sunday, February 26, 2017

My New Favourite Author Questions

Sore back (nothing bad, just irritating), a bit tired and a bit grumpy. Nothing new. maybe these questions (sourced from Sunday Stealing - a great job they have done today) will make things feel a bit better.


Where do you go to decompress from the world?

The cinema or the bathtub if one is available. not at the same time. Also good at losing myself in a book.

If given $10,000, what would you do with it?

Pay off my last few subjects and my car loan. That nearly cover both.

What is one major renovation you would love to make on your house?

I rent, but my landlord was talking about putting in wooden floorboards. doing out the kitchen would be good too.

What is one movie that you love and didn’t expect to love?

Moonli\ght. I wasn't sure that I'd like it. It's too important not to like.



What is the oldest knick-knack you own and what is its sentimental value?

Not so much a knick-knack, but I have my grandmother's colander - and I think of her every time I strain pasta.

Do you own any books you keep out of obligation, but actually hate?

There are a few books in the shelves that I've had since I lived in London and haven't read. I don't hate them - I'm just not sure they deserve space in the shelves any more.

How many countries have you visited outside of the one you live in now?

Let me see:  New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, U.K, US, Germany, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Greece. 14. Not enough. Japan and Cambodia this year, maybe.

Have you ever read only part of a book, but claimed you’ve read the whole thing?

No. I'm too good at putting books down after page 30 and not going back. I have read bits of Ulysses - but not the whole thing.

Have you ever spent a lot of money on something? What was it?

A car. Far too many cameras.

If you could change your name, what would it be?

I'm okay with my real name - but I write under Pandora Behr and Trellawney Thom. Numerology wise, they work well.

What is a nickname a former (or present) lover gave you?

I've never had one. I've been called "Babe" and "Baby" now and then - and I hate it. Will tolerate "darling" and "sweetheart".

How do you style your hair? If you just would say "cut" what style is it?

It's long with layers. I have set and forget hair. Wash it, it dries on its own. It gets brushed. That's it.

How many colors are you wearing now?

Three. Black bra and shorts, navy blue dress, white undies.

What's one piece of fiction that changed your life?

Not so much fiction, but Dr Spencer Johnson's "Who Moved My Cheese" completely changed how I look at life, and very much for the better.

Hannah Kent and her "Burial Rites" put me on the path of my current Masters studies. If she can do it, I can do it.

Is there anything that has made you unhappy recently?

Work has been a bit challenging.

Tell us about the job that you did before your current one or last one.

Oh, that was in the training and development area of a large telecommunications company, and it was frightfully dull with "different" but nice people. I was only there for six weeks, and this job came up, thank goodness. The other one was doing my head in.

What was the last song to get stuck in your head?

This:



What is your least favorite thing to do that you have to do everyday?

Have a shower (or two - I shower morning and night). I love being in water.

Best time of your life?

Now. I was saying this to a friend yesterday - there are some challenges, but I'm content at the moment for the most part.

What are you most looking forward to in the coming year?

I'd like to get away to somewhere new. So I think a holiday will be good. Maybe Japan, maybe Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. I'm also looking forward to finishing my Masters.

4 comments:

Impybat's Emporium said...

I love numerology. I'm still a life path 5, even after I changed my name. Are you a Pisces, by chance? (the shower comment made me ask.)

Bev Sykes said...

Technically speaking, I've also been in Korea and Singapore, but that was only airports waiting to change planes.

CountryDew said...

I am very happy to learn that I am not the only person who showers morning and night. It really helps with my allergies and asthma to do that, but it is hard on my skin. Lots of lotion helps.

Unknown said...

I'm in awe of all the countries you have visited. You must have amazing memories of each one. That's pretty awesome. Loved your answers.