Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Raquet Questions

Another weekend, another blog. Far too much to do today and would rather be reading, but here we go.

Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.


01  What is the worst nickname that anyone has ever called you?

I really hate being called "Babe" or "Baby". Just loathe it. I'm an adult.

02  Have you got a favorite flower?

Roses. Love all sorts of roses.

03  Do you add a sauce, ketchup or other artificial flavorings to your food?

Yes to these, but only certain foods. Barbeque and eggs need tomato sauce. Ham needs mustard. Chips need something too.

04  Describe yourself using only words that begin with the letter 'T'.

Terrible, tremendous, toned, tenacious, tender, target-focussed, tipsy,

05  What is/was your lover's pet name for you?

Never had a pet name.

06  What is your least favorite color?

Chartreuse. Not overly fold of pink either.

07  Who did you vote for in the last election, and did they win?

I voted for our Greens candidate in the last federal election - he did get in - Adam Bandt is a god guy and represents what I think well. In the senate (upper house) I did a good mix of Labor (The more liberal of the parties) the Greens and a couple of independents. I live in the only Green Federal district in Australia.

08  What is/was your grandfathers’ names?

Darcy Elliot and Reginald Lancelot. Be thankful the latter two names have not come back into fashion.

09  What is the best present you ever received?

I got a full Pandora bracelet for my 40th - I love it.

10  What is 17 1/2% of 97 + 42 x (6 / 2) – 137 ? [Editor's note: Holy shit!]

49 - I used a calculator.

11  What would be the best possible way you could die?

Peacefully, in my sleep, with somebody to find me and smile that I had a good life in the morning.

12  Given the choice of absolutely anything, what would be your dream job?

Still a writer.

13  What position do you sleep in at night?

I'm a tummy sleeper - though I do go only my side a bit too. But I start off on my tummy.

14  What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Too many things to mention. Having my dress split at work one day in the 90s was awful and mortifying.

15  Who is your favorite fictional character?

In no order - Severus Snape from Harry Potter, Jeffrey Lu from Jasper Jones, Cal from Middlesex, Willem from "A Little Life". Too many more to mention.

16  What food do you hate most in the world?

I'm not a fan of bananas or chick peas. And I don't eat much pork either.

17  When was the last time you were ill?

I had a virus over Xmas, but that wasn't a big sick. Had the flu in May - that wasn't fun.

18  If you were transformed into a wild creature, what would it be?

I'd love to be a tiger. Love tigers.

19  What was your favorite toy as a child, and whatever happened to it?

I used to love lego - and my mother still has the box of it in the cupboard which my nieces loved to play with. Lego is great stuff. Still love it.

20  What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

I've seen a number of animals born and die, but I still think you can't beat a good sunset. Vermeer's "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" and Jackson Pollock's "Blue Poles" are amazing, but in different ways.

4 comments:

CountryDew said...

Sunset, sunrise, moonrise, moonsets. All beautiful, great answer.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

#10. I tried doing that on paper then switched to a calculator. We got different answers. Lol
I love logos,too. My bro and I had erector sets.

Bev Sykes said...

Love that you said "Lego" and not "Legos." I never realized until I saw a special on the blocks that "Lego" IS the plural.

Unknown said...

#20 is a pretty cool thing to see I would imagine. Love art. I guess I should since my sweetie is an artist!!