I'm writing this from my mother's kitchen table in Country South Australia.
1. What is your current obsession?
Probably Orange is the New Black.
2. What’s your go-to coffee place?
Depends on the day of the week. Weekdays it's either Dom in the foyer of the building, or Andrea a Foccacino for my coffee. On weekends, it's Cafe Krifi near the gym.
3. Who was the last person that you hugged?
Mum. She and my step-dad left on a bus to go out to lunch. I have to lock up when I go soon.
4. Do you nap a lot?
No. Rarely sleep through the day.
5. Tonight, what’s for dinner?
No idea. Probably nothing as I get back to Melbourne mid-evening. They might feed me on the plane - so plane food.
6. What was the last thing that you bought?
I bought some Farmer's Union Iced Coffee at the service station when I filled up last night on the way to a friend's place. Manna from heaven that stuff.
7. What is your favorite weather?
Cold, slightly damp, with a bit of sunshine - like it is now.
8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?
Bev is really cool.
9. If you were given a free house that was full furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?
10. Name three things that you could not live without.
Friends, coffee, sleep.
11. What would you like in your hands right now?
A kitten, a decent book and a gin and tonic.
12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
Tattoo shows. They fascinate me.
13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself?
I'd love more time to get the body I really would love to have again. Love to be thinner. Just have to work at it.
14. As a child, what type of career did you want?
I wanted to be a doctor or a writer. I am a writer.
15. What are you missing right now?
I could use a day at home to do some cooking and cleaning, but I am interstate. Missing having the time to potter.
16. What are you currently reading?
Just started Liane Moriarty's "Truly, Madly, Guilty" for book group.
17. What do you fear the most?
Falling. Commitment. Open water. One of those. Depends on the day.
18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently?
I adored Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume II. I also loved Their Finest. Very cool English film.
19. What’s your favorite book from the past year?
Hanya Yahanigara's "A Little Life". It was a slog, but it was brilliant. Just finished Zadie Smith's "Swing Time". Really enjoyed that too.
20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?
Too many of them. Beans on toast. Chocolate donuts. Fish fingers. They all still rate highly.