Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.
1. Have you ever had a movie both totally captivate and complete confuse you?
I think Donnie Darko was a bit like that. As was Calvary.
2. When watching a movie, do you prefer things all laid out or to have to 'hunt for your own clues' along the way?
Much prefer to hunt for my own clues. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was like that.
3. Do you want an ultimate ending to your movie or do you prefer to have it open for conjecture and discussion.
Depends on the film. See above for conjecture. You just don't know.
4. Do you talk during a movie (preferably one in your home, not in the theater)?
Much prefer the quiet.
5. Have you ever seen a blockbuster movie and not get what was so great about it?
Yep - that goes for most action movies I've seen lately - and the last few Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
6. What book frightened you as a young person?
We had a Pictorial book of Catholic Saints in the house when I was a kid - that was horrific.
7. If you had to become a ‘living book (i.e. able to recite the contents of a book cover to cover upon request – reference Fahrenheit 451), what book would it be?
Other than the Harry Potter series, Captain Corelli's Mandolin is up there.
8. What movie or TV show scared you as a kid?
Dr Who. It still scares me sometimes.
9. What movie (scary or otherwise) will you never ever watch?
I don't watch horror. And I don't think I'll be doing a Will Ferrell back catalogue night any times soon.
10. Do you have any phobias?
Huntsman spiders. There is a dead one somewhere in the wardrobe. Half a can of bug spray should do it.
11. What's the happiest thing to ever happen to you?
When my nieces were born.
12. What's the saddest thing to ever happen to you?
When one of my nieces died. Leukamia. Such a waste.
13. What's the thing that got you the most angry in your life?
Anybody who's betrayed me. That gets me angry.
14. What's the most frightening thing to ever happen to you?
Naples. Not that I was in danger, but I've never been more scared in my life. It has a threatening vibe. I was also once followed home in London. Very scary stuff.
15. What's the most unbelievable thing to happen to you in your life?
I've won a few short story competitions. That's quite incredible.