Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Phone and Pancakes Meme

Hmmm. Busy weekend doing all sorts of things so I'm only getting to this now.

I think it might be a short one  - as I'm not fond of phones or pancakes  - well pancakes don't fit the bill any more as I don't do dairy, gluten or sugar....

Oh well.

Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. Your phone rings. Who is the most likely caller?

Probably a telemarketer trying to update my energy plans. If not those scum of the earth, then that would be my recruitment agent, who I've been talking to regularly about my new job.

2. How long do you chat on the phone each day? 

2-3 minutes. I prefer to text.

3. Who do you speak to the most? 

Other than my recruitment consultant? My mother - or those annoying telemarketers.

4. Do you often not answer if a certain person comes up on your caller id?

No - I'm normally okay when calls come through. I can only think of one person I'd let the phone go to message for. I did have an old boss I use to screen his calls, but he was useless.

5. Do you phone friends at work? 

No. At lunchtime, but no.

6. Do you make personal calls at work? 

Yes. But they are normally very quick calls to arrange appointments.

7. Who do you always say “I love you” at the end of the call?

Only my sister.

8. Do you use a landline or cell more often? 

My mobile. I have a landline, but it doesn't work.

9. Who in the blogosphere that you haven’t chatted with but would like to?    

Nah, all good there - though I'd love to meet the Plastic Mancunian one day.

Pancakes...

1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain? 

When I was eating gluten, dairy and sugar, then plain and from scratch.

2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in?

Plain thank you - though some blueberries are always nice to add in now and then.

3. For breakfast or for dinner?

Either - but I don't eat them very often, so this is a moot point. We used to have them for dinner as kids.

4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish?

Sugar and lemon juice please.

5. Favorite pancake restaurant?

I can't remember ever going to a pancake restaurant. I have been to the odd creperie. There is a good one down hardware lane. To be honest, pancakes really aren't on my food radar.

Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on!

Sorry. Gluten free cereal with macadamia milk is not a recipe.

Today's song:


1 comment:

Lori said...

We do not eat pancakes very often either. I am not sure why. Glad we are not the only ones. Sometimes they are just too sweet for me in the morning. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/