Friday, October 29, 2021

New freedoms

I hate that they're calling today "Freedom Day". Other than there are still people getting sick and dying, there are still some restrictions. 

And of course, we get a whiff of something fun and the weather turns feral and half the state appears to be without power after strong winds have knocked down trees and power poles. 

Yet as of 6 pm tonight, we could take our masks off while walking down the street. 

It must be said, it is a wonderful feeling to be able to walk down the street without the need to have a piece of cloth over your face. 

It's a little freedom, but it does feel good. 

It was also nice to see the shops open, not just the supermarket and the chemist. I went for a little walk after work, mask in hand for when I got to the supermarket. I went to Kmart, partly to tell my colleague I'd been there (I also wanted to see what sort of tumblers they had going). 

I went to the bookshop, where the lady behind the desk greeted me like an old friend. I walked out with three books in tow. Had to be done. 

Then there was the obligatory trip to the supermarket for a punnet of strawberries. 

And a stop in at the chemist to pick up a prescription. 

Walking home, things felt just a bit more normal. 

And it felt good. 


Today's song:



No comments: