Wednesday, January 5, 2022

My Christmas present to me

Last night I gave myself a treat, mostly because I'm worth it, and mainly because when I booked this present for myself I was stressed out of my heat at the back end of December. 

Tonight, I took myself off for a facial. 

It was utter, utter bliss. 

I've been buying my moisturiser from Emme at Radiance Beauty in Camberwell for many years. Yes, it looks like it's expensive, but for the tiny amounts of product you use, it lasts far better than any supermarket moisturiser, making it really cost effective. It's great stuff, and I recommend the products all the time and it's the only moisturiser I've ever used that doesn't turn my skin red, dry and flaky - the joys of having really sensitive skin.. 

Emme's facials are also legendary. It starts with a back scrub, where you're back is massaged while this great body scrub smoothes your skin. Then the scrub is wiped away with damp, warm towels and your've covered with another warm towel.. This is followed by a massage - not too soft, not too hard, but just right. After a day of yelling at the computer screen and jockying documents, it's the perfect antidote to a mediocre day. 

Then the facial itself, after I was rolled over on the table. Absolute bliss. You're cleansed, scrubbed, massaged, toned, masked, moisturised, and masked again, before a last layer of premium moisturiser is applied. Having your face massaged is a treat. I know it's strange, but I can't remember the last time anybody touched my face. COVID has been bad for the world when it comes to touching others - just having somebody massage your face is a strange feeling - a lovely sensation. I wonder why I don't do this more often. (oh yeah, money). 

It's an hour and a half of absolute bliss. 

There should be more of it. 

Today's song: 

1 comment:

Me, Myself, and I said...

I absolutely loved that album. Was obsessed with the poet who does the words over the song "The Stolen Child". This album was my introduction to Yeats, traditional irish music, and The Waterboys. It was an odd time for me, and these songs meant a lot.