Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Wordle

 The last thing I do before I go to sleep is the new day's wordle.

Wordle you ask?

Like Grease is the Wordle, or the Wordle was with God, or ...

Nah, Wordle is this little silly puzzle that's taking over the internet and it's a bit too addictive. 

What you are provided with is six lines of five boxes. 



You have to guess a five letter word and press enter. 

You make your guess. The boxes (and the keyboard below) mark up your corrections. The box goes green if the letter is in the right place. The box goes yellow if the letter is in the word but not in the right spot. And the square greys out if the letter is not in the word at all. For ease of use, it also greys out the keyboard below the game. You have five tries to work out what the word is. 

All I can say is that the game is stupidly addictive.  

So much so, everybody's playing it. And posting their scores on the internet:


And it appears I'm getting better at the game. 

I posted my scores for a few days, but it's pointless. Is it envy, bragging (okay, that last game is bragging) or just something we do during this neverending pandemic.

Regardless, the new wordle, which is released at midnight is the last thing I do before I go to sleep at the moment.

We really are strange creatures, we humans. 


Today's song:

No comments: