Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thanksgiving Dilemmas

 I've been invited to a friend's Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. 

Yes, the friend is American. 

But this is a foreign concept to me this Thanksgiving thing - it's not something we do in Australia - and yes, the only reason I'm going to Thanksgiving - otherwise I wouldn't give it two thoughts. 

And as this is being held in Australia, we all have to bring a plate. 

There will be Turkey and roast vegetables. There will be sweet potatoes and marshmallows, which you would think tastes gross, but is actually really good - for some reason, it works.

And the rest of us have to bring something to share.

But I have no idea what to bring. 

A salad - make something mega-healthy like the Jennifer Aniston salad (Quinoa, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion and mint - very yummy and very healthy)?

Do a round of hot chicken wings?

Maybe a big round of fairy bread - one of the least American things I could ever think of - and something I like to introduce my overseas friends to from time to time. 

Of maybe bring a sweet. 

Tiramisu?

Lemon Polenta Cake?

Just a chocolate cake?

Or go top Coles and get some pavlova and fruit, as I am not my mother and I have never made a pavlova in my life (and I don't have the proper mixer to beat up one)

Ah, the decisions. I'm going for easy options, even if they aren't really Thanksgiving-like. 

I've got a week to think about all of this. 

Today's song:

No comments: