Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Day to Day Questions

 I'm just back from a dinner at a friend's place, which was lovely. 

I've also found myself knowing I'm off on retreat on the weekend. 

And I've found a novel that I was working on a few years ago - there's nearly 90,000 words in the file. So, I've got something to work on while I'm down the Great Ocean Road. I'm a little bit excited. 

Anyway, on with the weekly questions, provided, as always, by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?

I used to smoke socially, but I gave that up fifteen years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made. 

2. What do you think of hot dogs?

Hot dogs aren't a huge thing over here, but I don't mind them. The best ones used to come from the roadhouses on the way to Adelaide, where they used to toast the bun, butter it, then put in the sausage with lots of sauce (and maybe a bit of mustard). This may sound very strange to the Americans out there, but we do hot dogs differently. I'm also quite partial to the hot dogs they have at IKEA - little ones, where you can lather on the sauce and mustard. 

3. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

I'm a coffee girl - and I can't survive without my almond decaf latte. 

4. What's your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?

I have three strands of a Pandora bracelet, which I love. I often wear a couple of Pandora beads on a leather strap - it's a bit more casual. I also have a pair of cherry drop earrings which I found at a market in town. They are fun to wear. 

5. Name three drinks you regularly drink?

  • Water
  • Coffee
  • Kombucha

6. Like to travel?

I love to travel. It's one of my favourite things to do. Long haul, short haul, to little local places, or going overseas. I love traveling. There should be more of it. 

7. What should you be doing right now?

My ironing. The ironing pile is huge, and I need to get it done by Wednesday when Kat is coming over to get the keys. 

8, Your phone rings. Who do you want it to be?

Anybody other than a telemarketer. 

9. Do you like to ride horses?

Do I like to ride horses? Umm, I haven't ridden a horse in probably 40 years, so I couldn't tell you. I know that I happily talk to horses when I see them. 

10. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?

I'm a bit of both. I love to listen. And I like to talk. It's good to give other people a say, just as it's good to be heard. I can talk to anybody. But I will listen to anybody too. 

11. What's in your pocket right now?

Nothing. I'm not wearing anything with pockets. 

12. Last thing that made you laugh?

I'm currently reading a book called When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman. I'm loving the book, which I'm listening to on audiobook. It's laugh out loud funny in places. It's situations I can completely relate to on a cellular level. 

13. How many TVs do you have in your house?

Two. One in the lounge room, one in the bedroom. 

14. Who's your loudest friend?

Do I have to name just one? That person is probably going to be one of the people I go on retreat with. They are fantastic people, but there's a lot of rather loud people in the group. I love them for it. 

15. Favorite sports team? (If you don't have one, just state that ...)

The Adelaide Crows - they are an Australian Rules football team. 

Today's song: 

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Your hot dog prep doesn't sound that weird to this American!

Bev Sykes said...

When I was visiting Australia, I loved learning Australian football...so different from ours and makes our football players look like wimps.