Sunday, March 1, 2015

The 17 Meme

Another weekend, another meme. So after a lovely day out for Blarney's birthday and a lot of relaxing, here I am relaxing with this week's meme before another long week at work. This week, Sunday Stealing seems to have found seventeen reasonably good questions. So here we go.


Are you a jealous person?

No. Never really seen the point. I get a little envious now and then - then think the better of it. Waste of thought processes.

When is the next time you’re traveling out of state?

Next weekend. Heading to New South Wales to see friends.

Can you write your name in a foreign language?

Yes. I can write my name in Greek. I gather this questions really should be "can you write your name in another script?" as my name is the same in most romantic languages.

When you’re getting ready for something, do you listen to music?

Not normally.

What is your favorite day of the week?

Sunday. I don't have to do much on Sunday. Saturday is pretty good too.

What is something you did yesterday and wish you could’ve done today?

I had a really long lie in yesterday morning. Finally got out of bed around midday. This morning I was in the gym at 9 am.

If you woke up tomorrow and knew/spoke a different language, which language would you want it to be?

Probably French. I speak okay French, but I'd love to be fluent.

What did you last order online?

Some skincare and lipstick on Strawberrynet.com .

Do you have any specific hobbies?

I knit, read, go to the gym and bag our current Federal Government.

What’s a song you recently discovered that you want to tell everyone about?

Nothing to new - as I don't listen to the radio that often the only new music I hear is at the gym. However, I want everybody to listen to The Waterboys at the moment. Went and saw a film on Friday night ("What we did on our Holidays" - best laugh I've had in ages) and this was a part of the sound track.



Favorite fall or winter accessory?

My black, heeled boots and my navy trench coat.

What did you last eat?

Vegetables and rice. Had a big bad lunch so something healthy was required.

Look to your left. What’s there?

Curtains, a window, the scent of night blooming jasmine, a fish factory, my mobile phone.

How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Surprisingly little time - under ten minutes normally.

Is there a TV in the room you are in?

Yes. I'm watching Sixty Minutes as I'm writing this.

What comes to your mind when I say red?

English phone boxes. My hair.

Name something you think is pointless?

Can I make a list? Here you go:

Pomeranians
Zuchini (Courgettes - pointless vegetables)
The novels of EL James (50 Shades of Grey author)
Holding grudges
Anything that comes out of Tony Abbott's mouth
Christopher Pyne
The fight for upped Data Retention Laws



9 comments:

CountryDew said...

I think your point on the "can you write your name in another language" question is well taken.

Stacy said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I really liked it. And thank you for being one of the few other women I've run into who find 50 Shades of Grey pointless!

K Dubs said...

oh 50 Shades - that was the most horrible writing I've ever read! And to think that she's now filthy rich. I heard the movie wasn't worth seeing, as well. I love your "to your left" answer!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I've heard that lovely, husky voice singing that song somewhere before, maybe a movie track.

Names seem to change dramatically among males anyway. Mine is always some version of Lini. My Spanish speaking gran and some Mexican neighbors always called me la Lini.

Have a wonderful day and week!

ShannonW said...

I made the mistake of ready the "Fifty Shade" books. Horrible is the only word I can think of and I can only imagine how horrible the movie will be (of which I will not be watching).

Kwizgiver said...

I loved the Waterboys==haven't listened to them in ages.

**** April **** said...

Pomeranians -- They're pointless? OMG NOOOOO they're so cute. I think weenie dogs are though.

Agree on the novels of EL James (50 Shades of Grey author)

Holding grudges - AMEN!

LOL

Helena said...

I'm hoping to see the mentioned film soon - I love David Tennant!

It's always nice to see a fellow knitter....I'm rattling up a dolly of my daughter right now!

Jackie K said...

Fishermans Blues is one of my favourite songs of all time. Always makes me feel good.
As does my lovely Pomeranian!