Another weekend, another meme. Once again supplied by Sunday Stealing. Once again, doing question and doing some sort of chore as there are a few things to be done. And no homeless guy in the stairwell (may he be well and warm)
1. Do you like your movies and books to be more lighthearted or serious?
I like my books and films on the serious side most of the time. This is not to say I don't like the more lighthearted stuff on occasion, but I'm into art house and literature. It's just me.
2. What’s more important, first impressions or lasting impact?
First Impressions. They're very rarely wrong.
3. Order these areas of psychological health from what you need the least improvement into what you need the most improvement in: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual
Umm, actually, I'm in a reasonably good state at the moment and I'm running well in most areas. My environment could use a kick up the bum at times and I would like to spend more time on my physical health, but generally, I'm doing well.
4. Do you react appropriately to things and control your feelings?
Normally. Though I'm getting a bit ratty over the churlish antics of our out -of-control government at the moment. But I do try to behave most of the time.
5. Do you have stable relationships?
I have wonderful stable friendships. I'm lucky like that.
6. Do you need to be in a relationship to feel good about yourself?
7. Which is the clearest and most concise, your thoughts, your speech or your writing? Which is the least clear and concise?
I've very clear in my writing. My speech can go around the houses at times.
8. Are you always trying to learn new things?
9. Do you feel at peace?
Most of the time.
10. Do you have strong morals and ethics that you believe in and adhere to?
I'm not sure that I have strong morals and ethics, but I do believe in being good, kind and compassionate at all times. That will do. I don't have Jesus telling me what to do, and I'm glad about that.
11. Do you think of the needs of all humanity or just the needs of yourself and those you know?
As a big lefty I tend to think about humanity a lot. Of course I truly believe that you can't look after others until you look after yourself, but what is good for one, should be good for all.
12. Do you recycle?
Yes, as much as I can.
13. Are you active in your community?
Not as much as I could be. I'm pretty limited in my community activities.
14. Are you sensitive to the needs of others?
I'm an empath. Of course I am.
15. Do you dress up to go out?
Sometimes. When required.
16. What could make you lose respect for someone?
If you hurt an animal intentionally, try and defend any member of the current Federal Government (particularly Bronwyn Bishop) or barrack for Essendon, my estimation will go down immeasurably.
17. If you won $1,000 every week until you die, would you still go to work?
No. I might cut down my hours, but I'd still work.
18. What trend has been getting on your nerves lately?
The swing to ultra right wing politics. Scary and annoying.
19. Do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?
I try to, after a short period of self-flagellation.
20. Is ignorance really bliss?
Yes. I just wish I could be ignorant sometimes.
21. What can be described as ‘even better than the real thing’?
Pictures of cats on the internet. Lots of cuteness without the sneezing.
22. What’s in your wallet right now?
Lots of store cards, a couple of credit cards, a few too many old coffee cards and receipts and about seventy bucks in cash.
23. Do you write letters that you never send?
No, though I compose a few in my head that never get written.
24. Do you ever get the feeling people are laughing at you?
Regularly - old habits die hard, Most people don't give a crap what you're doing, let alone have the energy to laugh at you.
25. Who’s the one person you’d like to drop a house on?
At this point in time, Bronwyn Bishop, but hopefully she's standing next to Tony Abbott when that happens. Evil, corrupt cow.
(image courtesy of Lincoln Schultz)
For those not in Australia follow the story here: This is corruption and hypocrisy at its best.