So rather than watch my facebook feed today, I've been keeping off line. I've been to the gym. Done my Christmas shopping. Had my legs waxed. Went and saw a film. And felt sad for most of the day.
Keeping off social media worked for me, but it meant that the blog is a bit late.
Anyway, here are Sunday Stealing's Christmas Questions for this week.
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year?
I think I've been nice. Can't remember being that naughty.
2. What do you want most for Christmas?
A retrospective, failsafe cure for leukaemia that doesn't kill the patient. Backdated ten years.
3. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Die Hard. Quite fond of It's a Wonderful Life too.
4. How many Christmas cards do you normally send out?
I'm a heathen. I don't.
5. Do you still get a stocking?
I'm not a Christian, so I don't decorate the house. I don't think I've had a stocking since I was a kid.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
7. What is your favorite Christmas tv special?
I tend to avoid Christmas specials on the telly. Mind you, the Call the Midwife one I was watching today was nice.
8. What is your favorite way to wrap gifts?
Brown paper and ribbon - if wrapped at all.
9. What do you look forward to most at Christmas?
Normally I spend Christmas with Blarney and Barney, their kids and an assortment of other friends. This year, I'll be with my family. I generally prefer the former. This year, I have to go home. I can't not.
10. What did you do for Christmas this year?
Nothing. I didn't go to any parties. The one I had to go to I bailed on as my niece had just passed away. I have minimum participation Christmas rule anyway. For Christmas I'll be driving to Adelaide. 9 hour drive. Then spending Christmas with my grief stricken family.Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I know that I have to be there.
11. Who do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
As an Australian, we don't have mistletoe. I wouldn't know what it looked like if I tripped over it.
12. What kind of Christmas tree do you have?
As quiet and as peaceful as possible.
13. Did you take part in a Secret Santa?
I will at work - but the project I was on didn't have one, so I missed out.
14. Did you go to any Christmas parties?
See question 10. I did well this year.
15. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
As long as I'm allowed to sleep in for.