My place is a mess. I'm strictly on a "Do a question, clean something" rota today. The state of the place is getting me down. Other than this, all is well.
Questions, as per normal, are from Sunday Stealing.
1. List 5 things you want to do before the year ends.
Make Cassata (will do this for Christmas Day)
Hold a picnic for friends (doing this on the 27th)
Go on holiday (Extended Holiday starts 18 December - will find a new job in February)
Read three books - This should get done.
Get my flat ship-shape and Bristol-fashioned. We will try.
Get Bigpond mail running on my new computer (Bigpond and Windows 10 are not friends)
2. What color are your pants?
Grey. Not over washed white-grey, Real grey.
3. Favorite motivational quote.
[Insert your deity here], grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference . (Just finished Slaugherhouse Five - it was great to see that in there...)
4. When was the last time you drank coffee?
I'm drinking one now.
5. What was the last thing you ate?
Poached eggs on toast - about an hour ago.
6. Favorite animal.
7. Favorite song.
At this very point in time -
8. Last movie you watched?
On telly - I watched Avatar last night.
At the movies, I saw the phenomenal National Theatre's taped production of Hamlet, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead role. Most excellent.
9. Any turn ons?
Pleasantly hairy chests. Nicely defined backs on men.
10. Any turn offs?
Dirty and smelly men. Ew. Personal hygiene is very important.
11. List 4 big words off of the top of your head.
Melifluous. Serendipity. Juxtaposition. Autoethnography.
12. What are some meaningful movies?
13. 2 most important people in your life right now?
My team leader at work (who might be recommending me for work in the company next year)
14. What are 3 things you want for Christmas?
Joy to all people on earth
Health to my niece who really needs to be cut a break.
15. When was the last time you read a good book?
Yesterday - finished Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Sublime! One of the best books I've read all year.
16. What was the last thing you studied?
I've just completed Master's units in Real Life Writing and Journalism.
17. Do you have any nicknames?
18. Favorite kind of perfume? (fruity, alluring, etc.)
Rosy orientals - like Narcisso Rodriquez, Stella McCartney (not that they make it any more) and Agent Provocateur.
19. Do you have any international friends / friends who live out of state?
Plenty. I lived in England for eight years and have friends all over the world because of this.
20. What is something unique that you do every single day?
Light a green candle to keep the money coming in.
21. If there was a movie based on your life, what would it be called?
"Don't Try This At Home."
22. When was the last time you bought a gift for someone?
I've started my Christmas Shopping for my friend's kids - does this count?
23. Are you a shopaholic?
Not really. I'm okay shopping but I don't love it.
24. What are some songs that always make you feel better?
Here are three:
And the best Christmas Song Ever: