Sunday, July 16, 2017

Firsts

I'm supposed to be doing a lot of things, but my dinner is cooking, so this is a good time to get this done.

So, the questions have been supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing. Bev, you are doing a great job.

First Job:

I used to work at the local general store when I was at high school over the holidays.

First Real Job: 

My first full time, permanent job was at Lehman Brothers in London where I did data entry, then went from there.

First Favorite Politician: 

Gough Whitlam, though I have always had a soft spot for Tony Blair. In his early days, he was good - much needed.

First Car: 

An EJ Holden, named Edna. The first car I purchased on my own was a Ford Fiesta called Phoebe. Again that was in London.

First Record/CD: 

ABBA, Arrival - like all children of the seventies.

First Sport Played: 

Probably pool - other than gyming and running, I've never played sport.

First Concert: 

Elton John and the Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra

First Foreign Country Visited: 

New Zealand. I was seventeen.

First Favorite TV Show:

I used to love Hogan's Heroes and MASH as kid.

First Favorite Actor:

Cary Grant

First Favorite Actress:

Audrey Hepburn

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend:

Oh, spotty Simon. Joys of having boyfriends when you are a teenager.

First Encounter with a Famous Person:

I stood behind Emma Thompson in the supermarket queue once - again, in London.

First Brush With Death:

I drove a tractor into a deep drain when I was about 12. That was a horrible near miss.

First House/Condo Owned:

Still don't own. I rent. Property is far too expensive over here on one salary.

First Film Seen:

I remember my father taking me to see Disney's Robin Hood when I was about five.



First Favorite Recording Artist:

Skyhooks




First Favorite Radio Station:

107.1 SAFM - Adelaide's first FM station.

First Book I Remember Reading:

The book that got me back into reading was Donna Tartt's The Secret History. As a kid, I read everything. I loved Golden Books.

First Meme You Answered on Your Blog:

No idea. Too long ago.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'll bet Elton John and the orchestra was an amazing concert!
Robin Hood will always be my favorite Disney film. It's just so funny and when I was a kid I loved it because Roger Miller was the narrator...I loved his funny songs.

Bev Sykes said...

I love ABBA, but I came to their music after they had retired!

Vicki said...

Elton John???? I would LOVE to see him in concert!