Sunday, April 22, 2018

The If Meme

Trying to get this out early as I have a lazy day in Sydney - this is something lazy to do.

Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. If you could eliminate a single type of insect in the world, which would it be?

Huntsman spiders. No contest there.

2. If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

I would have loved to see the completion of the Sydney Harbour Bridge when they closed the span. That would be pretty cool.

3. If you had to paint your entire home inside and out a single color other than white, what would you pick?

Petrol blue.
Image result for petrol blue

4. If you could decide what will be written on your gravestone, what would you have inscribed.

"The lunatic, the lover and the poet, are of imagination all compact." If not Shakespeare, then "Nevertheless, she persisted."  Will do. By the way, I want to be cremated.

5. If you could have a secret listening device in any one room in the world, what room would you put it in?

Sometimes I'd love to hear just what goes on in Trump's office....

6. If you could have any music group that no longer exists play at your birthday party, who would you want?

The Hoodoo Gurus. They were AWESOME!. The Pixies are still playing.



7. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?

Lion tamer. I've always wanted a lot of big cats to play with.

8. If you could master one type of cuisine, which one would you choose?

Spanish. Love Spanish food.

9. If you had to have one piece of music softly playing in your mind for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?

I am the ear worm queen, bit if I really had to have anything on in the background, a soft version of "My Funny Valentine" would be okay.



10. If you could ensure one single personality trait in your children, what would you want it be?   

I don't have children, but if I did, I would want them to be kind.
          
11. If you could resolve any single dispute, anywhere in the world, what would you solve?

Oh to fix up Syria...

12. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which would you like to be on?

I love Stephen Colbert. Especially if he has The Violent Femmes on again.



13. If you were to be a news correspondent posted to any foreign country, where would you like to go?

Somewhere safe and interesting. How about Japan? (One of the next places on my list of places to go)

14. If you could have been on the Supreme court for any single case in its history, which would you select?

Roe vs Wade. I'd be there for all women for their right to choose.

15. If you could pick one person from history to live next door to you, who would you pick?

I'd like to be there for Alan Turing. I would like to be his friend.


2 comments:

auntiem4cabs said...

I love the blue!! I might have to change answers!! xoxo

Bev Sykes said...

The blue is nice, but seems awfully dark for inside!

I love Colbert too!