Sunday, September 16, 2018

The 65 Questions Meme

There is so much going on at the moment. I'm just back from Sydney - early for a change, which means that a lot more can get done today These things include:


  • Ironing
  • Cleaning
  • Getting some more stuff done for the Property Association
  • Maybe do some writing
  • Get thinks ready for the week ahead
  • Finish my book
Questions, as always, are from Bev at Sunday Stealing.


1. Do you ever doubt the existence of others than you?

Not sure what this question means - do I doubt there are other life forms - no, not really Will we meet them - probably not. Odd question.

2. On a scale of 1-5, how afraid of the dark are you?

2. I'm fine when I'm inside, no so good when I'm in open spaces outside and it's pitch black.

3. The person you would never want to meet?

William Shakespeare. Clive Owen comes a close second. 

Oops, I read that wrong. I would never ever want to meet Donald Trump. I think I would be in prison after. Peter Dutton comes a close second. Awful people.

4. What is your favorite word?

Serendipity. I think if I ever had a daughter I would give her that as a middle name.

5. If you were a type of tree, what would you be?

A Moreton Bay Fig. I love those trees. If not, a big oak tree would suffice.

6. When you looked in the mirror this morning what was the first thing you thought?

Crap, I need a bit more sleep.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

My favourite black long sleeved t-shirth with a sequined print on the top.

8. What do you label yourself as?

Lots of things. A woman. A wannabee-pom (Englishperson), Shakespeare nerd, Wiccan, Kabbalist, weirdo, writer. That will do for the moment.

9. Bright room or dark room?

Dark room. I get called a vampire regularly.

10. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Getting ready for bed after going out to the Pop Up Globe.

11. Favorite age you’ve been so far?

Forty was pretty good.

12. Who told you they loved you last?

I can't remember the last time somebody told me they loved me. Friends tell me occasionally, but more than that... oh, I don't count that - Lachlan doesn't count any more. That was a few weeks ago on my birthday. Lachlan is an arse.

13. Your worst enemy?

The Australian Liberal National Party - think the Republicans.

14. What is your current desktop picture?

I don't have one set - too distracting.

15. Do you like someone?

I like lots of people.

16. The last song you listened to?

This was on in the car as I pulled into the driveway a few hours ago.



17. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?

Donald Trump. If I can't get him then Tony Abbott can be blown up instead. Both are just as destructive as the other.

18. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?

Tony Abbott. Actually, most of the Australian Federal front bench can line up behind him.

19. If anyone could be your slave for a day, who would it be and what would they have to do?

Oh, can I please have Clive Owen. Please. I'd be kind. I promise. I don't bite - unless asked nicely.

20. What is your best physical attribute? (showing said attribute is optional)

I have nice eyes, ankles and hair.

21. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?

I would like to be at least six foot tall, have all my hair, a bit of a hairy chest and lightly muscular.

22. Do you have a secret talent? If yes, what is it?

I can recite stuff when rather drunk. Jabberwocky, Khe Sahn, Shakespeare, Prufrock.

23. What is one unique thing you’re afraid of?

Huntsman spiders. This is not unique - but general spiders don't freak me out too much, but I hate huntsman spiders. They are not poisonous, but they are the most horrible things on earth. It's a bit irrational.

24. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your disposal.

Okay, I've given up bread (or gluten) But if I could please have a Coronation Chicken sandwich with lots of curry mayonnaise, currants, toasted almonds and chicken. I used to love them when I was in England.

25. You just found $100! How are you going to spend it?

Gin. Good gin. Or my phone bill. Which ever comes first.

26. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave immediately. Where are you going to go?

Back to either London or Ubud, Bali. One or the other.

27. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says.

Hendricks gin with Fever-Tree Light tonic with rose petals / cucumber / raspberries to garnish.

28. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place? 

There will be no uniforms. Ever.

29. What is your favorite expletive?

F*ck. I use it regularly, but sparingly. As with all expletives, they go down better when they're not expected.

30. Your house is on fire. You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno?

My grandmother's colander. I love that stupid spaghetti strainer, but it is one of the few things I have remaining from my gran.

Today's Song:





6 comments:

Lori said...

Serendipity really is a neat word. I like it too.
If I lived in Australia, I think I would have more fears with all of your poisonous animals there. There sure are some non poisonous beautiful ones too. I would love to visit there one day.
Loved your answers! Have a great day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

Serendipity is my favorite word too. Re the spider, you guys have more of most deadly animals in the world...not surprised you'd be afraid of the spider. When I was in Australia we were in the bushes, looking at a lake and when we came out a guy warned us that there was one of the poisonous replies in there. I wasn't fazed, because I didn't know better. My friend was terrified

Bev Sykes said...

(reptiles, not replies)

CountryDew said...

Why wouldn't you want to meet William Shakespeare? Just curious.

Stacy said...

Why Shakespeare?
I like Serendipity as a name. Never thought of it, but it's pretty.
You've given me a new curse word. I don't know why but "arse" always cracks me up and sounds less crude than our "a**."

Pandora Behr said...

I misread the questions - Would love to meet William Shakespeare and Clive Owen. I never want to meet Donald Trump.