Sunday, September 23, 2018

Though Provoking Questions

It is the evening. I've had a bitty day - went to do Pump for the first time in about two months (and it was glorious).I've been for a float. I've gone to see Blarney and the Maow Maow - the latter being in a better mood than he was last weekend.

And now I'm doing my blog post. Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1 When was the last time you tried something new?

Today. I made Chermoula Chicken for dinner tonight. First time. It was glorious.

2 Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

Nobody. It's a pointless exercise. I look around my friends  - some are doing well, some are not. So be it.

3 What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

Let's have a gin and tonic. (I have one to hand at the moment - Hendricks, with mint and cucumber infused tonic - bliss)

4 What gets you excited about life?

The thought of travelling. I'm off to Hong Kong in March. Yay.

5 What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

Don't get involved with committees.

6 What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

Reading. Kissing. Going out with friends.

7 Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

I ask a lot of questions. You can never ask too many questions.

8 Who do you love and what are you doing about it?

I love lots of people. They are my friends. I try and be a good friend. Don't ask about my romantic life. I'm not saying anything.

9 What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

That Christianity is really not the way forward - especially when it comes to running a government. Sorry, keep the church and the state separate. Please tell this to our new Prime Minister.

10 What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?

Save money - I've paid my car off.

11 Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

Strength. It's good to let it all out.

12 What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

I'd drink more. (Says she with a gin and tonic in my hand)

13 Do you celebrate the things you do have?

I may not celebrate, but I do say thank you. An attitude of gratitude is a good thing.

14 What is the difference between living and existing?

Love. Friends. Laughter. Having enough.

15 If not now, then when?

If not not, then why not?

16 Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

I went to Bali and threw a party for my birthday - both life events were excellent. Great fun. Even if I got an earthquake for my birthday and a monkey stole my sweetcorn.

17 What does your joy look like today?

Joy is normally found snuggled up next to somebody who I don't mention. If he is not around, then joy is a sleeping cat in your arms. Joy is often found in cuddles.

18 Is it possible to lie without saying a word?

Hell, yeah.

19 If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

I think that person would be around on a limited basis. I am trying to be a lot kinder to myself. It is kind of working.

20 Which activities make you lose track of time?

Reading. I can read all day. Also happy to walk all day too.

21 If you had to teach something, what would you teach?

Shakespeare. Writing. And according to my friend Jonella, I could teach people how to put together flat pack furniture.

22 What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?

Travel... and sex. Want and need both of these things. Both prove elusive from time to time, but they make life so much better.

23 Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?

Not any more. I let Lachlan go a few months ago. He was dead wood. Gone. I'm starting to think I should put the masons in this pile. Thinking about it.

24 When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

Friends and health. Both of these things are far too important to lose.

25 When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?

When your gut tells you to go for it.

Today's song:


5 comments:

Lori said...

Your trip to Hong Kong sounds so exciting! I hope you will share about it with us! Have a wonderful day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

Same last answer. Guts.

2 gators said...

wow very cool and exciting on your upcoming Hong Kong trip.. Love your answers

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I'm off to Hong Kong in April after a trip to Vietnam.

You will love the place.

:-)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

Have fun in Hong Kong. we were there briefly a few years ago and enjoyed it very much.