Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Aesthetic Themed List

A lovely quiet weekend. It's bliss. The furthest I've gone from the front door was to the hairdressers a few miles away and into the city for a mammogram (That was fun) So in all, lots of reading time and that has been about it. Going back to the gym after I do this seeing I piked this morning in preference to going to breakfast with Trish.

Good questions this week, thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing.


1. When did you last sing to yourself?

Earlier today. I sing to myself all the time.

2. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about anything, what would you want to know?

There is a part of me that would love to know what some of our politicians are really thinking - I have no idea how they can come up with some of the policies they put forward.

3. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

Completing my Masters Degree. Running a handful of half marathons is something to be proud of too.

4. What is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?

Playing with my dog as a puppy. I loved that dog.

5. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?

Yeah, I'd quit my job and go travelling for 11 out of 12 of those months. So many places to see, so little time and money.

6. Do you feel you had a happy childhood?

No. But we'll leave it at that.

7. Would you ever have a deep conversation with a stranger and open up to them?

Yes. I've done that in the past. I spent too much time in Ubud, Bali not to have done that.

8. What would you title the autobiography of your life so far?

Don't Try This At Home or Nevertheless, She Persisted.  I'm writing a novel based on some of my experiences, at the moment. It's working title is Kryptonite.

9. How do you feel about tattoos and piercings? Explain.

Each to their own. I have my ears pierced and a very small tattoo on my hip. I'm good with that - I don't need any more body modification. What other people do with their bodies is up to them.

10. Do you wear a lot of makeup? why/why not?

I only wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick during the day - a bit more if I'm going out. I don't need to wear much makeup. I don't like the feeling of it on my skin to wear it regularly. I'm lucky, I've got good skin.

11.The world is listening. pick one sentence you would tell them.

Just be kind.

12. Who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?

There is somebody in England who I wish would write and say that he is sorry. He won't do this, but it would be nice to have him say sorry for his behaviour.

13. Do you have a desk/workspace and how is it organised/not organised?

My desk is organised chaos. I know everything is. Everybody else thinks it's a tip. This is true at home and at work.

14. What’s your Starbucks order, and who would you trust to order for you, if anyone?

I don't drink Starbucks coffee as it's dreadful - seriously, coming from Melbourne, the coffee is famous for being good, Starbucks serves crap coffee. You break up with friends when you find out they drink Starbucks coffee. And as I'm off caffeine, I will normally have an almond decaf latte in a large mug. I like it that there are coffee shops around like the one near the gym, where I can walk in, nod, and one will appear in a few minutes without asking.

15. What is the most important thing to you in your life right now?

Looking after my health and writing my novel. Pretty simple really.

And with that, I'm off to they gym.

Today's Song:



7 comments:

Kristine Z said...

Be kind! Too short and yet too deep.

Bev Sykes said...

Sounds like the person you would like to receive a letter from and the person I'd like to receive a letter from should get together. :(

Jackie K said...

Just be kind. Absolutely 100% agree, that's my mantra too. Nice answers.
Also just quietly I have been accidentally exposed to Starbucks white chocolate mocha frappuccino and I have to admit it is god damn delicious. It's not a proper coffee and it's a dumb, unhealthy expensive drink, but it's pretty good.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Good answers.
I'm owed one of those apologies too, but I don't expect it in this lifetime.
Pretty sure Starbucks brews very strong coffee because everything on the "menu" is meant to be served with lots of milk/ milk-like products and syrups.

Lori said...

I do not even like coffee and I never go to Starbucks. I cannot even imagine paying that much for a drink.
I like your Be Kind answer! Why is it so hard for people? Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

Oh dear, we titled our autobiography the same: Nevertheless, She Persisted. Funny.

Stacy said...

It seems we'll be using our crystal balls for the same purposes.
Thanks for the Mumford and Sons video, love them!