Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Compassion Questions

This is my last weekend home before I find myself travelling around the place on weekends. It's rather nice being home with the cats and doing not very much at all. Ah well. I should be writing and cleaning. We'll see what happens.

Questions are supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. What is the most fun thing you have ever done?

I've done lots of really fun things, but I do remember taking a balloon ride over Melbourne one year. The guys at work gave it to me for a birthday present. I've traveled all over the world. That's been fun too.

2. Are you left-handed or right-handed?

I'm predominantly right-handed, but I can use my left hand in many situations just as well. I can only use scissors with my left hand. I can play pool just as well with my left hand. My left handed writing is neater than my right handed writing. I often swap my mouse over the my left hand too. It's good to mix it up.

3. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?

My step-dad paid for my flight over the London many years ago. They also forgave me a small student debt. These were big things for me.

A friend brought some weed over to me when my Dad died twenty years ago. It was a small kindness I've never forgotten. (I gave most of it back a week later when she came around - but it was a very kind act).

4. What is the biggest animal you’ve seen in the wild?

I've seen some bloody big kangaroos out in the wild. And I remember when I was a kid being around some Clydesdale horses in paddocks. They were huge - like 18 hands high horses.

5. What is the smallest animal you’ve seen in the wild?

I love that my parents have antechinuses floating around the front lawn. What's an antechinus you ask? A small carnivorous, marsupial rat, about the size of a mouse that lives in Australia. They're quite cute.



6. Do you ever have funny dreams at night?

I used to. I can't remember the last time I had a dream. It's been months.

7. If you could make a law for your country, what would it be?

Oh, where do I start? Other than four year parliamentary terms, reforming senate voting to under the line only, and allowing parliamentarians to be sued and jailed for their treatment of asylum seekers an rorting the system, as well as those breaking the building codes end up being jailed when people die... oh I don't know. I would make it law to be kind, at all times. See where that gets us.

8. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?

Funny, I'm a middle aged woman - I feel invisible all the time. But if I would be really invisible, I'd probably sneak myself into a session of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child." At $320 for a ticket to both sessions of the play, I think that would be a use use of the ability.

9. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?

Clive Owen's wife... or Sarah Rafferty. I'm not going to explain this. :)

10. What would you like to change about yourself?

I wish I had a faster metabolism. And a better response to menopause. I've over the hot flushes. Damned genetics.

11. What is your daily routine.

Weekdays: Wake up around 6, get out of bed . shower, breakfast about 7, go to work at 8, in work from 8.30-5
00. Around 10 head down for a coffee, lunch around 1. Tram/train/walk home around 5 pm. Gym / dinner after this. Telly/write / chores after this. Shower 10.30, bed around 11-12. It's a long day. Weekends don't have to

12. What would your perfect day be like?

Any day which has swimming, sleeping in and reading is a great day. Throw in a room at the Westin in Sydney and I would be a very happy woman.

13. How old were you when you learned to read?

I was five. I was picking up things before this, bit I learned at school like most kids.

14. What is the most interesting thing you know?

I know all sorts of stupid stuff - repository of useless knowledge. I know a lot about Shakespeare and cats and strange bits of history, but I'm not sure anything like that is overly interesting. I used to now how to get out a Rubic's cube (in under two minutes, mind you) Still not interesting.

So, the most interesting thing I know? Hmm. Maybe this:  The male antechinus  lives for exactly eleven-and-a-half months, dying from stress-induced immune system breakdown about two weeks after mating.

Is that interesting enough for you?

15. What makes you nervous?

The thought of another three years of a Coalition Government.

16. What is your favourite flower?

Roses. Any rose will do.

17. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal?

I've ridden horses as a child. And I've been on the odd elephant ride - the last time when I was in Thailand ten years ago.

18. What time do you go to bed?

Normally around midnight. 11 pm if I'm lucky.

19. What time do you get up?

Weekdays, I'm awake at 6 and up between 6.30 and seven. Weekends, the routine varies a bit more.

20. Do you know how to swim?

Of course. I'm Australian. Swimming lessons have been pretty much a compulsory part of the school curriculum for over fifty years. I'm a capable swimmer. Love swimming

Today's Song:


6 comments:

Jodi said...

Taking a hot air balloon ride sounds like fun!!! Have a great day!

Stacy said...

That's a very good point about being a middle-aged woman. Society does have a way of making us feel that way at times.

Lori said...

Your hot air balloon ride sounds like fun!
The middle aged woman thing is spot on. I hate it. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Me, Myself, and I said...

Had to look up the antenchinus....interesting animal and I learned a new thing! Have a great week :)

CountryDew said...

Geez, we have so many similar answers. Balloon ride, invisibility.

J Lenni Dorner said...

That antechinus is really something.
Stress from mating? Wow. What's that say about the species. Yikes.
Wow. The Smiths. Nice one.