Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Book of Questions Meme


Ah, another weekend, another airport. though this weekend was a bit different as it was a day trip away. I can't say much, but I have a lot of writing fodder from the day. What I can say is:

  • Two flights in a day is very tiring
  • Mumm champagne is still glorious
  • Nothing beats an airport Whopper with cheese and extra pickles when you've been running around all  day
  • It still takes a few hours to calm down after such a trip.
But it was a good day. 


Questions, as always, come form Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. Do you think the world will be a better or worse place 100 years from now?

I would hope it will be a better place, but I'm not so sure it will be.

2.  Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again.

No. $100,000,000 maybe, but not a million. You can't even buy a house in Melbourne for a million dollars.

3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30 year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

Oh, could I please have my 30 year old body back. This one two decades on takes too long to heal. I'm fortunate that in my family, we tend to keep our marbles up until the end - I hope it is the same for me.

4. What would constitute a “perfect” evening for you?

Some great Shakespeare, a lovely meal, good company and a long bath - maybe throw in a gin and tonic for good measure too.

5. Whom do you admire most?  In what way does that person inspire you?

My friend Reindert is amazing. A great person. Very driven, but still has a life. He generally lives a good life as a great person.

How my sister remains upright after losing a child three years ago, I will never know. That is inspiring.

6. Do you prefer being around men or women?  Do your closest friends tend to be men or women?

I have more women friends than men friends, and my closest friends are women - but I have some close men friends too. They have different roles in my life.

7. If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you?

I don't like the thought of hurting people, but if I did, Donald Trump, Scott Morrison (Australia Prime Minister) and Peter Dutton (a god-awful Australian politician) would be up there.

8. What is your most treasured memory?

I have a few, but I think one certain night at the Shangri-La hotel in Sydney a few years ago comes to mind. It was just perfect.

9. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?  Is there anything you hope to do that is even better?  (Let’s exclude raising children, if you have them)

Probably obtaining my Master's degree. That was pretty good. I'm still tossing up doing a doctorate.

10. If you went to a dinner party and were offered a dish you had never tried, would you want to taste it, even if it sounded strange and not very appealing?

More than likely I'd try it - I'm an adventurous eater.

11. Do your close friends tend to be older or younger than you?

Most of my friends are 1-3 years younger than me - though I have friends of all ages.

12. How do you feel when people sing Happy Birthday to you in a restaurant?

Very embarrassed. It hasn't happened for a while.

13. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate or embellish it?  If so, why?

I try to stick to the facts, but as a writer, I'm prone to embellishing things a bit.

14. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?  Can you be allowed to be on time?

I'm the friend who's normally a few minutes late, but not dreadfully late - though I do try to be on time. And yes, you're allowed to be on time. It's good manners.

15. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, or personal secretary, which would you choose?

Oh please can I have a housekeeper. Please.....


Today's song:



2 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

The housekeeper is definitely on my list. Definitely. Have a great week!!

Bev Sykes said...

If enough of us got voodoo dolls for Trump, maybe we could accomplish something!