Friday, November 26, 2021

Takeaway night

 Friday night is takeaway night. 

It appears it's takeaway night for most of the inner East. 

After a marathon chat session with the team after work after a killer week, and after probably on too many Blasphemy whiskys on top of some Baileys with some Mr Black coffee liqueur, I was getting hungry. 


It was well after knock off time, but we kept chatting. My colleage smokes. I watched her over the camera, occasionally dropping a "I want a cigarette!" at her while being very thankful that she was many kilometres away. 

The week pretty much demanded that we have more than one drink.

Anyway, it got to about seven. Hunger was beginning to bite. Unable to drive anywhere due to the amount of alcohol I'd imbibed, I ordered in. 

A healthy burger from Grill'd and some sweet potato chips. They do great burgers and I have a standard order. I ordered dinner at 7.07 p.m. The app told me dinner should arrive at 7.40 pm. 

Our drinkies meeting finished about 7.30. Jonella called. We had a chat. I went to sit out at the front gate to wait for my dinner. It was a good night for it. 

7.40 pm came and went. I watched as the crows put themselves to bed. 

7.50 pm came and went. Jonella and I kept chatting. The app said that my driver was on his way. 

8.00 pm came and went. I said goodnight to Jonella and rang the dinner joint to ask where my dinner was - it appears there was no drivers to bring my dinner. 

The girl on the phone told me of this. She said there were about 30 orders waiting for delivery. I was welcome to come and pick it up she said. 

I thanked her for the offer, then told her I was too drunk to drive. This was a slight exaggeration. I wasn't drunk, but I wouldn't go behind the wheel of a car after the early evening session. If I was asking for a cigarette, I certainly had too much to drink. 

So I waited for my dinner, contrilling the hangry feelings which were starting to bubble up. 

Dinner arrived at 8.40 pm. An hour and a half later. 

At least dinner turned up, but it was a learning experience. Avoid getting your takeaway delivered in the inner city on a Friday night. Maybe next time I'll walk down the local Vietnamese which is crawling distance from the front door. 

But it was a bloody good burger after all that. 


Today's song: 



No comments: