Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Fustercluck

 I had to describe my current job, the word 'fustercluck' comes to mind. It's not like the people I work with are 'cnuts', but things are a bit of a mess. 

Also, as I've got this new, expanded role which means I'm forever putting out fires and dealing with people, when really, I'd rather just be writing. Or doing something else. 

On the upside of this fustercluck of a cnut of a day, there was my regular Thursday personal training session. On the even better side, Cleo put on an 80s playlist. It was awesome. Lots of Talking Heads (Have I ever said how much I love This Must Be The Place). There was some argument over who sang Sisters are Doin' It (Of course it was the Eurythmics with Aretha Franklin) and Jenny Morris came on singing about She's Got To be Loved. 

Cleo brought up the Chantoozies. Remember the Chantoozies? The Chantoozies were great (Isn't that David Reyne on the drums? And I think a friend said she was Tottie Goldsmith's next-door neighbour. And we all that skinny back then?)

Anyway, it's been a hard day and I need to lie on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy for a bit. 

It's just the way it is as the moment. 


Today's song: 



No comments: