Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Trip to Coles

Walking around Coles after the gym tonight, looking for oat milk and something to nibble on, I kept an ear out for Coles Radio. 

For me, Coles Radio should be played on an FM radio and it will out play Gold FM - radio station of champions. I've only just found out you can stream it on your laptop or phone - which I might just do. Coles, for a mob of bastards, has great music.

Anyway, tonight, as I perused the bachelor's handbags (roast chickens) and what was left in the gluten-free bread, my ear tuned into a song I hadn't heard in years. Spandau Ballet. Round and Round. I mean, when was the last time I heard that?

Music has the ability to take you places. In my case, I was transported to year eleven at high school. How do the kids of the day get through their schooling without Spandau Ballet? I mean, they're one of the best bands in the world? Didn't every heterosexual woman want to be Tony Hadley's girlfriend? Okay, you might have been into John Taylor or Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran, or Roger Taylor from Queen. 

But me, it was Tony Hadley all the way - even though, as I found out much later, he's got a full on North London accent, which is a touch off-putting. 

Regardless, I found my oat milk, a small packet of Doritos and made my way out of Coles, still pondering what the students do at their formals today. How you do slow dance to any song but "True"?

I'm glad I was a teenager of the 80s. 

And I will look into streaming Coles Radio. It's naff, but it's normally my kind of music. 


Today's song: 



No comments: