Monday, October 5, 2026

Lists

I am part-Virgo, therefore, my life revolves around lists. I'm also ADHD, which means if it doesn't make the list, there is a good chance the activity will fall into the ether, never to be seen again, and even then, it might not get done. 

The lists have different ranks of importance.

There's my daily must-do list which is in place while I'm between jobs:

  • An hour of exercise
  • An hour of job hunting
  • An hour of cleaning / spring cleaning / household chores
  • And an hour of writing
It means things fall into a routine and I feel like I've accomplished something. 

With the cleaning there's the ten things rule - can I list ten things that I've done, or put away, or sorted out. It's amazing how much can get done this way (I'm on thing number five at the moment). 

I've got list of things that need to be done at the temple. While I'm off and we're between cleaners, I may as well get paid for doing the job - it's well overdue - and it's a big job:
  • Bathroom floors (upstairs and down)
  • Clean the toilets (5 in all)
  • Clean the sinks in the bathrooms
  • Dust all the surfaces in the bathrooms
  • The kitchen floor
  • The kitchen surfaces. 
  • Mop the stairs. 
  • Mop out the dining rooms.
  • All surfaces in the dining room
  • Hoover the temple (downstairs)
  • Dust all of the seats in the temple (and there are lots of them)
  • Hoover the temple (downstairs)
  • Dust all of the seats in the temple (and there are lots of them)
  • Hoover the office.
  • Dust the office. 
And I know I've forgotten something - however, being fizzy of brain, I've not got to this yet, mainly because the procrastination that comes from my brain asking:
  • Where do I start? 
  • Do I maybe do certain rooms at a time? 
  • What am I going to listen to while cleaning?
  • Is my bluetooth speaker charged up? 
  • What if somebody is trying to get me? 
  • Should I do this in one day or spread it over a couple (there is not rush)
  • What about parking? 
  • Will this blow up my hoover?
  • Does this mean I can get something from the bakery down the road? 
  • And how do I stop the side quests which might have me sitting in the office doing ritual?

Putting all of this down has helped a lot. I've done the job hunting today, I'm seeing Cleo the trainer tonight and I've done a heap of washing and ironing, so I'm well down the list. I've also:

  • Contacted the estate agent about the roaches
  • Rage-baited the cat
  • Read some of my novel (while rage baiting the cat)
  • Whined about the fact the hot water has been turned off and having to take a dicky bird bath
  • And thought about walking down to the chemist. 
The between jobs thing is exhausting. 

But I've got my lists. 

Today's song: 



No comments: