Saturday, October 10, 2026

Sunday Stealing: Ten Random Questions

It's time to get the questions out of the way. I've had a good day. I managed to finish the cleaning project at the temple, which has taken me five days (spending two hours a day there, because if I did it in one shot I would have gone mad.) I saw a not so good play last night, a good one today and the washing dried on the line. Oh, and after five days, they've fixed the hot water. Life is good. 

Now I just need to get myself a job (Hopefully the interview I've got on Monday goes well.)

Anyway, here are this week's questions, brought by Sunday Stealing.

1. What was the last gift you received?

It was my birthday a few weeks ago. I received a voucher for a local bookshop and a voucher for a local cinema chain. I think that's all I received this year. This is fine, I want for nothing. 

2. Who did you last hang out with?

I went for dinner and the see a play with Jay last night. Jay is also my gym buddy, so I see a bit of her. 

3. Do you often lose the remote?

Yes, but it's normally found under my knitting or on my messy desk. 

4. When did you last check Facebook?

About five minutes ago. Checking on a friend who's in a body building competition. 

5. Are there scented candles in the room you're in?

Yes. Quite a few with different scents. I'm burning my green one at the moment. Burning green candles is a witch trick for bringing in abundance. 

6. Next time you leave the house, where will you be going?

That will either be early tomorrow morning to go to the gym, or a little bit later to go and meet Blarney at the cinema where we're going to see The Social Reckoning. It all depends if I can get myself out of bed in the morning. 

7. Do you know anyone named Steven or Stephen or Steve or Stevie?

Ah yes, I do. Steven is the child of an English friend of mine, who was named after the Australian Cricketer, Steve Waugh. I know a couple of Stephens - one is one of a partnership, Richard and Stephen. I had a Stephen who was my boss in a recent contract. I also know a couple of Steves - I'm not sure of their spelling, but I'm sure one is a Greek Stephanos - the other, I'm not sure. Oh, and there is Steve the builder at the site across the road. Most Stevens/Stephens/Steves are middle aged engineers. 

I don't know any Stevies.

8. Which do you prefer: macaroni salad or potato salad?

Look, I like both. A good home-made potato salad is gold - but am very fold of the pasta salad that you get at the supermarkets over here. It's glorious and addictive. 

9. Do you have an ice maker in your refrigerator door?

No. Too expensive, needs to be plumbed in - and I rent. My fridge is far more utilitarian. 

10. When you woke up this morning, did you get up straightaway or lounge a bit?

I'm a ditherer in the morning, especially now as I'm 'between jobs'. But I was up and about around 9 this morning after some doom scrolling. 

Today's song:

No comments: