I give thanks to the Plastic Mancunian for giving me this. It's something to pick over at lunchtime - and there are some pointed ones in this one.
1. Which state do you consider to be the most boring state?
I suppose being bored is the most boring state - well state of being. If you're talking Australian States - well all of them have their great bits and all of them have their boring bits. The ACT is boring, but that's a territory, not a state. I'd call Tasmania boring. It may be the most beautiful place on the planet but everybody is in bed by 10 pm - just like New Zealand.
2. If any chef from the Food Network (or any well known chef) could cater your wedding, who would it be?
I know I'd be asking Adriano Zumbo to do the cake. I'd love Gary Mehigan to cook for my wedding - as long as I could take out heart attack insurance for all of the butter he seems to use.
3. What's the last thing you ate that was red?
I had grilled capsicum on my pizza last night (home made healthy pizza that was - not the store bought crap)
4. Have you ever questioned the sexuality orientation of a close friend?
Yes. Not so strangely, we are no longer in contact - not that I ever asked him outright - and not that I care. But for ten years I was wondering - and most people who met him believed him to be "batting for the other team". When he moved back to Europe we lost track of him. Part of me believes that he's now wearing a skirt and calling himself Narelle.
5. Everyone loses a friend after some big fight. Tell us about one.
I don't really fight with people - the odd tiff and that is it. I lost a friend recently after a doozy of a fight - but we've since reaffirmed the boundaries and are back in contact. Not saying any more than that. Not worth hashing over. We were both in the wrong. And both in the right. Not that he will admit to that.
6. Have you ever washed an iPod or mp3 player in the washing machine?
No. I washed a passport once. That was an expensive mistake. Always leave a day to do your washing after a long distance trip. Saves stupid things like that happening. I might not have forgotten to check the pockets if I'd left it a day.
7. Have you ever screamed / yelled angrily at a boss?
Yes. Poor Popeye. Under-utilisation is a bitch. Who else are you supposed to take your frustration out on? The cat? That's what bosses are there for - as long as you don't make a habit of it.
8. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?
I did so for twenty years. I don't do it any more. Thankfully I have very little to cry about now.
9. Have you ever regretted being in a relationship with someone?
10. Have you ever acted like you understood something when you didn't have a clue?
I work in IT. I am the non-technical person in an IT department. This is what I do best. I'm also very good at saying "You're so clever. I could never do that? Have a biscuit - I made them just for you." This makes up for being clueless.
11. Have you ever thought someone must have been insane? If yes, tell us something about the person.
I said it in the last question. I work in IT. Everybody is a little insane. It's all relative.
12. Have you ever pretended to be younger than what you are?
No, but I'm confused for a person who is a lot younger. I'm often going to the cinema and telling the attendant I'm 12. One time in ten they will give you a child's ticket. It's always worth a try.
13. Back in the day, did you ever cry because you were turned down for a date?
What is a date? I've forgotton. Can't remember - haven't been on one of thsie for years. I hope this changes soon.
14. Have you ever (or your significant other) had a pregnancy scare?
Unfortunately, yes. They're not good for the stress levels. They're just not good at all. Next.
15. Have you ever pretended to like someone when you didn't?
No. If I don't like somebody, I find it hard to pretend that I like them. I'll be civil. I'll interact with them - but generally I give people I don't like a wide berth and leave them to it.
16. What was the last thing you did that was totally selfish, yet you feel no guilt?
I took a box of Krispy Kreme donuts to my sister's on Monday. I pinched one more than I should have. I have no guilt about this. I know they were a gift, but I bought them (well used a voucher that was given to me).... Selfish, I know, but there is no guilt attached. I ran the donut off last night. My sister wouldn't have done that.
17. Tell us about a film fave of yours that we probably have not seen.
An Argentinian Film I saw last year - "The Secrets in their Eyes". (in Spanish "El Secreto de sus Ojos".) It won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language film. Superlative. But not many English speakers would have seen it. Atmospheric, dark, deep, intense - this thriller had me on the edge of my seat for most of the film. Brilliant.
18. When was the last time you kissed someone that you shouldn't have on the lips?
About three years ago. Not giving details on that one either. I was drunk. I don't do that any more. Get drunk that is. And try and kiss people.
19. When was the last time you cooked something for someone not in your family?
Two weeks ago. I had a friend down from Bathurst and another friend staying from Bendigo. I got to play Mum. I did my version of pizza (300 calories, healthy and yummy) Chicken in Pesto and Proscuitto and Steak with Mushroom sauce over the weekend. I love cooking for people.
20. When was the last time you danced like a crazy person?
Last week, I dance around like a crazy person a lot. I just don't do it in public.
21. When was the last time you just wanted to be invisible?
Two weeks ago. Coming out of a team meeting I got out of the lift and walked into a glass door on the wrong floor. I had to get back into the lift with my team - all of whom were laughing at me. Just wished the lift would swallow me up then and there.
22. When was the last time you got a gift you absolutely hated?
Oh dear, a few years ago now. Why would anybody give me a silicon cock ring? What use have I got for sex toys? Still bemuses and upsets me in equal measure.
23. When was the last time you got into a physical fight? (If NEVER, let us know about a time that you got close to a fight.)
Not so much a fight, but the last time I scared the shit out of somebody was a few years ago in a St Kilda car park. A junkie got too close - and he saw the back end of my mouth and ire - he nearly jumped me as I got out of the car - I yelled, screamed and tormented him into a corner. Scared the hell out of Blarney who was with me at the time.
24. When was the last time you had to sleep with a light on?
Bad experience in London - a heavy breathing caller in the middle of the night. Scared the living hell out of me. Woke my flatmate at the time who laughed it off - but I was there with a kitchen knife and the light on for a couple of days after that.
25. When was the last time you were under some serious stress?
Just before I left Tin Can, String and Whistle. That sucked. Thankfully it was over pretty quick.
26. When was the last time you watched your favorite movie?
A few months ago while "between jobs". Love Donnie Darko.
27. What song did you most recently downloaded?
I think that would be a Ben Lee album. I'm still hooked on CDs... showing my age, I am.
28. What would you say is your favorite hobby?
Writing - though I do that for a living. Running - that's more a lifestyle choice. Reading is my favorite hobby.
29. What is your favorite thing to do when you hang out with friends?
Watch movies and drink coffee. That's what I do when I hang out with friends.
30. What would you rather do: shower or bathe with that celebrity that you are crushing on?
Please can I throw Clive Owen in the bath. Please, please, please.
31. What is your absolute favorite dessert?
Creme Brulee. There is nothing better than a creme brulee - not that I have one very often. Ice cream is the sixth food group so that doesn't count.
32. What can someone do to make you smile, no matter what?
Give me a puppy or a kitten. That will do it. Ice cream can also help.
33. What do the hip people think of you?
Probably very little.
34. What was the last gift you bought someone?
I bought Trin a set of Affirmation Cards for her birthday. Thankfully, she claimed she loved them.
35. What was your favorite class in high school?
French. It was something I was pretty good at and something I've never lost.
36. How many spouses would be about right?
I'd like to see what one would be like. I can't be greedy. It's something I wonder about - what would it be like to be married. I have no idea.
37. What would you say was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
38. Have you ever donated money to charity?
I do so regularly. The Fred Hollows Foundation gets a monthly stipend and I do a few charity runs a year.
39. Has porn ever had a positive place in a current or recent relationship?
Other than to laugh at - no. Doesn't float my boat.
40. Would you ever dump the one you're with for someone who makes an obvious play and is MUCH hotter?
No. Looks never trump personality.
41. Have you ever disowned one of your relatives?
Nearly, but not quite. As my relatives are half way across the country they're easy to dismiss without full on disowning. I have one uncle that I haven't seen in over five years - and I'm not feeling the loss. Not that I don't want to see him, just don't feel the need. He hasn't contacted me either.
42. Would you think it's OK to cheat on someone if they've already cheated on you?
No. Cheating isn't good. If you want to screw around, get out of your relationship first. It's unfair - and this sort of tit for tat behaviour is unbecoming to all parties.
43. Did you ever consider becoming a teacher?
Yes. When I left school I wanted to be a French teacher. But I hated the way they taught French at University, so that idea went out the window. Then a few years back, I decided to leave banking and go and do a Dip Ed and teach English. That never happened either as I found IT. I think I got the better end of the deal.
44. Would you ever give a hitch-hiker a ride somewhere?
No. Just no worth it - no matter how good looking they may be.
45. Would you ever try fasting for a whole week?
It's not out of the realms of possiblility knowing some of the strange crap I get to up. But it would take a lot to commit to - and it would ahve to be under the right circumstances - like say at an ashram.
46. Would you ever try to quit one of your addictions, or better said: Bad Habits?
I stopped sucking my thumb at 33. I gave up smoking a few years ago. What is left? Picking my nose in the car? Burping after a meal. Not sure what I would give up really.
47. Could you ever kill yourself to save someone else?
I'm unsure about this one - but I think I would put myself in the line of danger for somebody I loved. Thankfully this has never been tested.
48. Does it matter if you break up with someone or have them dump you?
Nope. But getting out sooner rather than later is a good thing.
49. Would you rather have a turtle or a frog for a pet?
Neither. I'd rather have a pet that is a bit more interactive. My sister has a turtle who appears to live under a beanbag and likes to bite you. Frogs are just boring. Great for the environment, but really, they're just boring. Give me a cat or dog any day.
50. Would you rather spend a day with Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus?
Lady Ga Ga thanks. Neither overly appeal to me but at least Ga Ga is a grown up.
51. Would you rather learn to play piano or guitar?
One of my few 'regrets' is that I never learned how to play the piano. I play the flute and I can pick out a tune on a keyboard, but I wish I could play properly. Never got lessons. It's down in the when I win the lottery jobs.
52. We're going back to the day. Where did you get your kicks?
Some nightclub down Hindley Street. Long, long time ago,
53. What Asian country would you like to visit the most? Why?
I'd love to go back to Thailand. I loved it there a few years ago and the people, food, culture and scenery are wonderful. Would love to check out Japan too - fascinating culture among other things.
54. Have you ever thought that a passer-by was the one (think James Blunt, here)?
No. And why would I think about James Blunt. The guy sounds like somebody has his balls in a pair of kitchen tongs.
55. Ever told someone that your fake jewelery was really real?
No. I don't wear much jewellery, and the real stuff I have, is real - and the fake stuff looks fake.
56. Where are the worst public restrooms?
There are some at the docks in Santorini that are equivalent to the seventh layer of hell. The ones at the 1000 Steps in the Dandenongs are really rank by the end of the day too - rather hang on and go to the ones at McDonalds down the road tan use them.
57. What song was the latest one that got overplayed really fast?
That crappy "Friday" song that some California Dentist's daughter paid to have made (Which was just covered on Glee). It's so bad it's catchy.
58. What Friends (American TV show from the 90s) character are you most like?
Probably Phoebe. I'm happy to have that disputed. I have some of Monica's OCD too, but I'm a bit like Phoebe.
59. When's the last time you had a Popsicle?
Three days ago - but it wasn't a Popsicle - it was a Paddle Pop. That's what they're called over here. Ice cream addict, I am.
60. What TV show from way back would you love to see reappear?
An English program called 'Drop the Dead Donkey". It was the funniest program on telly. We don't have good satire like that any more.