Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Meme: Alphabetty 2

Well, I am finally home after a day of fun things and celebrations. There is so much to get done around here - so the Sunday Meme will hopefully get me in the mood to get all of these jobs done and out the way. Works well for me - do a job, do a question - I get to do something I love and something I don't like so much out of the way.

Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.

(Put food shopping away)

A) What does the last text you sent say? And to whom? 

Text to Teddy - "I'll be there in 15 minutes." I picked her up on the way to Jonella's Mum's 70th birthday party.

(Dishes put away)

B) What does the last text you received say? And from whom? 

A text from Blarney reading "Chance has asked if I bought a ticket for you for the cinema. How cute!" I went with Blarney and her boys to see "Planes: Fire and Rescue" this morning. The last time we were supposed to have a movie date I mixed up the days and Chance and Lance spent the movie asking where I was. I got the right day today.

(Bathroom sink and loo cleaned)

C) What time do you wake up most mornings? 


I wake around 6-6.30 most mornings, weekend or not. When I get out of bed is another matter. 

(Bed made)

D) Are you afraid of walking alone at night? 


Not really. I do exercise caution after dark, especially when it's later than 9 pm, but I have little trouble in the early evening. If there are lots of people around, I don't tend to stress. I go by the "be alert, not alarmed" motto - and if I feel uncomfortable, get under street lights or hop in a cab.

(Chapter of required reading done)

E) What do you do to relax at the end of a stressful day? 


Depends on the day. Exercise, read, watch television, cook, iron, sleep, crochet. It really does depend on what needs to be done and what I feel like. Exercise is a great way to unwind.

(Downstairs neighbour's cat placed outside for a few hours of piddle time)

F) Where did your last kiss take place and with whom? 


Oh dear, that was back when God was a boy. I think it was like the night that John Howard got ousted from power in 2007. My ex-boyfriend came over to watch the election results. The momentous occasion had to be celebrated some how...

(Dinner put in the oven)

G) Do/did you get into trouble a lot at school? 


No. I was a goodie-goodie. Or the mischief I was responsible for never got tracked down.

(Load of washing in the machine)

H) Do you enjoy your job? If unemployed, are you content being so? 


For the most part. As a contracting instructional designer the work is varied. A bit boring at times, but generally it's pretty good. I will be between jobs from Wednesday so I should get looking again - although I have some irons in the fire. I won't be off for long.

(Looked for work)

I) Do you often pick up on double entendres and innuendos? 


Unfortunately I do. Sometimes I wish I didn't.

(Dinner eaten)

J) Have you ever been offered drugs but declined? 


Yes. On the streets of Seminyak, Bali I was repeatedly asked if I wanted Ambien, speed and various other pills. I flatly turned them down. Sorry, don't do drugs like that, ever.

(Washing hung out to dry)

K) Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking? 


Yes. I have a friend I see fairly regularly who changes my perceptions. It's pretty subtle, but she helps me to see things differently over the years. I also spent some time with a hypnotherapist a few years ago - he completely altered my life - for the better.

(Another load of washing in the machine)

L) Have you ever been offered drugs and accepted? 

Yes. I was at the doctors about two weeks ago with a hacking cough. I gratefully accepted the antibiotics and the ventolin he offered. It got me better quicker.

(Cup of tea made)

M) Tell us something weird that turns you on. 


Is it strange to like chest hair?

(New trainers re-laced)

N) When did someone last admit romantic or sexual feelings for you? Was the feeling mutual? 


About a month ago. Unfortunately, the feelings are mutual. Unfortunately he's on the other side of the world.

(Second load of washing hung out to dry)

O) What is something you have given a lot of thought to lately? 


I've got my head in the books at the moment. Finally started my first Masters subject so a lot of time is being spent thinking about my publication piece - which in a broad nutshell is on the topic of "Comfort Women" in WWII. I use the double quotation marks because it has to be one of the worst euphemisms around.Not a particularly pleasant topic, but I'm getting to the bones of where I want my publication piece to go.

(Made a cup of tea)

P) When did you last swallow your beliefs to avoid an argument or confrontation? 


At work about a week ago. Sometimes it's not worth the argument. This was one of those times.

(Bag packed for tomorrow)

Q) Do you usually initiate hugs? 


About half the time. I used to hug a lot more, but now, not so much.

(Shoes put away)

R) Are you a very affectionate person? 


I am very affectionate by nature, but I don't show it anywhere near as much as I used to. Maow Maow gets the worst of my affections. With people, I'm a lot more standoffish until I know them well. It's something I noticed in this current job - I'm in an office of touchers - this is not bad (there are one or two women who touch your arm now and then) and it got me - I realise that I don't touch people without their express permission. I don't have a lot of touch in my life. I'd like to remedy this.

(Started the ironing)

S) Can you roll your own cigarettes? 


No. And as I don't smoke it's a bit of a moot point.

(Did a bit more ironing)

T) What are you looking forward to? 


Finishing my current role on Wednesday. I know it's another step into the great unknown, but I've been bored for six of the last seven weeks., I've done what they wanted me to do - now it's time to move on and find something great. I'm also looking forward to spending Christmas in Tasmania and working through this Master's subject. Lots of things to look forward to.

(Finished the ironing)

U) Do you have any tattoos. Do you want any/more? 


I have a very small Chinese symbol on my right hip. Nobody ever sees it. I love it, but I don't want any more. Have thought about having the World Wildlife Panda put on myself somewhere, but I'm too old for that stuff now.

(Breakfast ready for tomorrow morning)

V) Are you mentally strong? 


I like to think I am.

(Article read for this week's tutorial)

W) Are you physically strong? 


Yes. I can walk for hours and the last time I checked I was able to dead lift around 80 kgs - is that strong enough. Looking forward to getting back to pump class - my goal is to be able to do a 30 kg squad track (I think that's like 65 lbs...

(Read another article for this week's tutorial)

X) Do you think you’re a good person? 


On the whole, I'm a very good person. I have my moments when I'm not, but on the whole, I'm pretty good.,

(Showered)

Y) Name one thing you wish you could change about your life right now. 


My weight. I am doing something about this, but I wish it would hurry up.

(100 sit ups)

Z) What do you usually eat for breakfast?


More often than not, it's yoghurt and muesli or a protein shake. Except for on the weekends when it's poached eggs on toast at least one day on the weekend. Love poached eggs.

I have to say, I feel good in that I've got a lot done this evening. Yay.

Now I'd better go and find that cat and let it in for the night.

3 comments:

lia said...

yay goodie-goodies unite! :)
good luck on the masters!

Kwizgiver said...

Glad you are feeling better--the yuck has been going around here, too!

Jackie K said...

I was also a goodie goodie, AND I like chest hair. Are these things related?